Case Mod - In Progress THE INSANITY IN THE VANITY OF FEAR

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by abbas-it, 17 Jun 2015.

1. abbas-it

abbas-it We came, we saw, we mod, you awe!

yes you heard right and i am sure you thought WTF is that name suppose to mean. well first of all here is the poem in wrote for it and then the explanation.

THE INSANITY IN THE VANITY OF FEAR
    fear not sticks and fear not stones,
    though they may certainly break your bones
    for your dignity, they will never reach

fear not mere words, whether rude or absurd
    for your self respect cannot be breached

fear not sheer size, or the daylights demise
    or when finsternis invades your zone
    but the one thing my friend, you should fear till the end
    is being scared of but fear alone

Ali Abbas/alias Alan-Lee 2015 AD

actually it is the result of the criticism i keep getting from so called religious factioans and other people who dont realise that casemodding the way i do it is just grabbing a theme and delving into its inspring juice. i made this one for the HARDWARELUXX casemod contest in germany.
    www.hardwareluxx.de and its for all thise who dont approve of my themes and some how overlook the ones they like and just keep complaining about the darker ones like THE DARK KNIGHT; SAMURAI, RENEGADE, VENOM and this one.
    this one is a tribute to all who are scared of my lean mean poison and pain themes.
    its just art and never hurt noone so quit the sick criticism iust all i can say.

religion brought us the holocaust, slavery and the crusade and is still waving its devastating reign of hate and intolerance in many parts of the earth. my ART -CASEMODDING never hurt anyone.

so that was my sunday sermon and now back to modding.

What would fear look like of it had a face, would it be vain enough to try and hide itself. that would be insane wouldnt it. well thats the theme, THE INSANITY IN THE VANITY OF FEAR.

its based upon a BITFENIX PANDORA and is one slim jim, really not much space inside.
    first of all i started with the front whcih will show the evil ,,,, eeeeehaaa, i love skulls.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: 30 Jun 2015
  2. abbas-it

so here goes, i first of started to widen the whole case by making side caskets which will hold the fans. seeing as the contests ent me an ASUS strix, i need more space inside thsi very sleek but for my theme too slender case.
    the white skull didnt make it in the finals build, i found asmaller one from an old aquarium which took its place.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    the pandora actually has clipy on doors and no base, as well as a push to open top. i changed that it is now 5cm off the gound with better airflow and the top will have a handle and top cover in tzhe same style. everything on this case will ahve rounden enges just like the pandora itself has.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    these are the fan boxes which will enhance the side width for the fans.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    had to of course also change where the top usb and sound ports were
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3. abbas-it

then it was time for[the handle and screwing the side caskets on/SIZE]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    making the handle
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

the smaller skulls are originally from a halloween necklace, this one is like i said from an old aquarium, just doenst look mean enough for the critics so i used furniture was and saw dust to fix the mean eyes look.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Hello there, fear but fear alone, then you will sleep in peace, ahahahhahah
    [​IMG]

here you can see the plexi cover i made which slips on if required at the back, how i and the mean eye look as well as the skull deco making them even more evil.[:jawdrop:/SIZE]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    the hanlde is mounted and screwed from underneath and hold well.
    [​IMG]
    making the back cable cover with my self made plexi bender.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    it will be black later on.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: 17 Jun 2015
  4. abbas-it

then it was time for the soulder blades which cober the front of the side panels and should relplicate sort of shoulder shrugs in vampire wings style.

the side front windows will have speakers which i scrapped from an old laptop and when lit look a bit like red eyes.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    these are the shoulders upon which the insanity is burdened when fear is spreading its wings over us, aah wings here they come. bat wings of course.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]

5. Sanjaya

Sanjaya Minimodder

u can't complain m already loving it :D

6. abbas-it

:Dhi sanjaya, thx mate, am still posting some more, gimme a few minutes.
    these are actually a bit like the pandora bitfenix logo, have changed them a bit. i dont use logos when modding, but am still gratefull to all my sponsors. sorry guys, dont wanna ruin my concepts unless the logo is the concept.:cooldude:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    windows for the front speakers.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

more to come..

7. _TechPuppet_

_TechPuppet_ What's a Dremel?

That's wicked! Great modding.

8. abbas-it

thx mate, more to come, next post is wiring it up and first coat of paint.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    this is all just the MDF wood primed.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    i changed the PSU fan with an enermax one, which can light up.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

9. Sanjaya

Sanjaya Minimodder

Awesome dude. I really didn't see this build log until today. When I started modding my Pandora I thought it would be the third pandora mod ( after purple pandora and the copper one)... it's becoming awesome that most of the pandora mods turning out to be epic looking, starting with yours. maybe there's something in that case that makes mods to it looks so epic.

keep up the good work

One thing you've gotta be careful is the cable management behind the mobo tray. it's quite tricky, and if you have lot of sleeved cables it's next to impossible

10. abbas-it

thanks sanjaya, yes this case has something. its being so slim was the biggest problem for my internal work. you will see though how i tackled it. i didnt really need the mobo rear much. even though i made the side caskets for the fans though i still had 2mm too less for the take offable side for accessing the case. i had to scrpe of some of the fan frame to stop it touching the heatpipe of the asus strix. was ashitty bit of work, but worked out well. i even got the little front screen to dynamically change the picture every few seconds, which it cannot do out of the box. i had to write ascript for it and now its inside and changes pictures every 6 seconds. at the german casemodding championship in august im will display the worklog on it, a nice gag.:) ps: will be wtching your log too,.

11. Sanjaya

Sanjaya Minimodder

Looking forward to seeing that trick, coz i experienced the next level of hell trying to manage cables on mine, i didn't take from the top of PSU cover, everything behind. and I had to use extensions.
    Slideshow display? awesome..... :D i wish i knew programming. i'm waiting for 300 series to buy a GPU for mine. 360 to be specific,
    Thank You Abbas, looking forward to yours too :)

12. Cheapskate

Cheapskate Insane? or just stupid?

So, a literal troll theme?:lol: Love it. I hope the guys you are talking about hate it. All that matters is that you enjoy it.

13. Waynio

Waynio Relaxing

Abbas mods again. :D:rock:
    Very nice start & :hehe: love the theme. :dremel:

14. abbas-it

yes i hope they are disgusted and like any other inspiration see what the outcome of their stupid behavior is. actually i hope i see them again because this is not that bad for ten minutes of extreme hate from them. i had an exhibition with 20 of my mods after one of them had seen them all and got loud, then he went and brought in his friends. i thought they would start pushing my mods over or something and we called the security who had them removed from the hall. they shouted while going out that they would see me again. and this mod is the result, specially for them prehistoric idiotic so called religious fearers.:rock:

@ waynio, hey mate hows it going, yes i squeezed this one in between THE 67th BRIGADE and the still in progress RAGNARS REVENGE. the inspiration came from the bunch of theoradical twits i mentioned in the beginning.:D this is however a more simpler design where a lot of the case is still visible. the RAGNARS REVENGE is again a more complicated theme

so here we have another update.
    i salvaged old small speakers from a ravaged laptop for the front shoulder blade which will be led lit so that they look like strix eyes.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    they of course dont have the best sound but it just an extra to round the case off a bit, can still plug in better ones.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

i painted all the wooden parts and the case matt black and then starten piecing it together and decoration it. the eme is the insanity in the vanity of fear. so while have a neur perfect skin it will have scars breaching the smooth surface, like a beutiful woman who is too vain to want to show ascar if she has one. a diva hiding them in vanity. the elegance is achived here with the chrome liners to set off the black in contrast.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

the next job was the acrylic silver finger touch up of the skulls as well as the scars for more contrast.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

the normal procedure when you have a nice paintjob is of course, try not to get a scratch on it. in this case though, i went and scared it in certain places breaking its skin in a tragic but necessary way. i must admit it took me some time before i could persuade myself to stick to my theme and make the first cut. the scars of a vain diva called fear. ouch
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    oh yeah, i forgot, these are the dreadlocks, like viels hanging from the shoulder blades, like a curtain shrouding the being within.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

icouldnt wait, first front led tests, then scars galore
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    it was a wee bit tight in the pandora, have just 4mm of space between the heatpipe and the fan which i had to modify by taking somt of its frame off. damned i fought for space there.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    almost like silver scabs protruding through the otherwise smooth diva skin.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    so, that was most of the outside, the next update will be the interior design and the last touch ups outside, then a video explaining tzhe new features and the whole concept.

15. Waynio

Waynio Relaxing

Looking amazing. :)

I don't understand why people took offense to your projects though, crazies, they must be offended by visions of awesomeness. :lol:

16. keir

keir S p i t F i r e

looks good. Lots of effort went into this one. :)

17. Cheapskate

Cheapskate Insane? or just stupid?

I've met a few of those people. Essentially, they could be offended by grass being green. I've also found a good dead baby joke will chase them off in a heartbeat.:naughty:
    Black on chrome looks snazzy. The whole thing gives off a leather vibe.

18. Nexxo

Nexxo * Prefab Sprout – The King of Rock 'n' Roll

Wut? Who are these people (and why should we care)?!?

Screw 'em. I think you explored the theme rather well here. :thumb:

19. abbas-it

yeah guys, some folks really have problems with what they dont understand, or rather with whatever they dont try to get to know and understand. thats why i dedicate this mod to them.
    just like gaming,. there are so many brain capped people who think that as soon as you play a pc game, you are a potential serial killer. they somehow oversee the millions of kids who dont have access to real weapons, who never killed anyone and who still play. this is all about fear of what you dont even try to understand.
    i also made the PC-REFORGED, it was all about the two letters PC, no one thought i recieved the pulitzer prize in literature, funny.
    PC REFORGED.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

ANYWAY; lets get back to THE INSANITY IN THE VANITY OF FEAR :)

first of all i finished the chroming and stuck the back wings on

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

20. abbas-it

:thumb:then it was time for the interior, oh man is the pandora am slim jim. hardly room for hardware at all.
    the hardware is all sponsored by the contest host hardwareluxx. its a strix and kraken what can be seen here with gskill ram on an asus board withan amd cpu.
    unfortunately, you wont see much or rather none of it soon. the theme is more important always for me.:rock:
    first of all i placed in all the hardware so that i ahve a picture of just how much room i have to play with.
    [​IMG]
    was time to wed the base and cieling to the case, with leds too.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    i bent someacrylic with my home made plexi bender. color didnt matter becasue its all going to be matt black later on anyway.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

the kraken cpu cooler had more than one cpu clamping frame so i decided to use one to cover the cpu and let airflow through the mesh behind it. of course in the same fearfull style
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

this display is a part of the boxed pandora case and usually has just the bitfenix logo on it in the front. it wasnt planned but i decided to use it as a mirror (VANITY) when off and at the same time write a script so that even though it can only save one single picture, it now changes them every few seconds when the pc is running.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

i still needed some more chains where the side panel connectors would be hodden behind when the side panel is not on.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    baxk switches for the display wired out.
    [​IMG]
    i hate wiring
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    more to come.