1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other Moving Chrome Cache to RamDisk?

Discussion in 'Software' started by maestro0428, 17 Mar 2013.

1. maestro0428

maestro0428 Master Modder

I have been reading several articles on moving my Chrome web cache to my RamDisk. I have only tried some that involve moving the location of the cache folder to the disk in Chrome's properties window as trying the others seem a bit fiddly and honestly make me a bit nervous as I don't tinker with my software much (and some of the articles are old). Unfortunately I have not had any success. It always errors.

Anyone else out there using a RamDisk? (I use AMD's and have it set at 16GB at this time)
    Anyone have experience modifying Chrome that can help me out?

Thanks.

2. maestro0428

Here is the error...been a while since I uploaded photos here, hope it works, lol.
    [​IMG]

3. Pliqu3011

Pliqu3011 all flowers in time bend towards the sun

The screenshot is a bit vague, but are you sure the quotation marks around F:\ are correct? In the error popup it seems as if there's only one double quotation mark in front. I could be wrong though.

Also, with a ram disk of 16 GB, are you sure you don't want to make a subfolder for the Chrome cache? 16 GB of pure browser cache seems just decadent to me. ;):lol:

4. maestro0428

I tried a subfolder too, I just was trying it without to see if it worked. The 16GB is for video editing mainly. I have run some games and apps from it and its pretty impressive with 9000MB/s reads/writes. I tried a couple of other methods on other sites to no avail. I admit I have no idea what I am doing though. Any help is appreciated.

I noticed that about the quotations earlier and thats just how it looks in the error.

5. maestro0428

Got it!

I finally got it to work on my other workstation. Will have have to benchmark the two and see if there is actually a change.

6. sparkyboy22

sparkyboy22 Web Tinkerer

I guess you realised you need to close the quotes after chrome.Exe and have the parameters outside.