1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Motherboards RAMPAGE V EXTREME X99 playing up

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by rainbowbridge, 25 Dec 2014.

1. rainbowbridge

rainbowbridge Minimodder

brand new build, every thing perfect, no overclock, machine has worked flawlessly for some time then all of a sudden after a required reboot, just has a flashing cursor.

Spent 3 to 4 hours, rebooting the system, going through all different safe mode and msconfig different boot modes and all this confirms is that the computer can do what ever it likes when being switched on with no apparent pattern.

if you switch a computer off, switch it back on and it just either sticks at the flashing cursor, or the Windows logo just freezes.

then you reboot by switch and repeat and it then works fine, then try again and it again freezes.

This is a hardware issue right.

Every item and aspect of the computer are completely mint no other suspected issues, No over overclock in place or has been in place.

Also the issue occurred a few days ago and I completely reloaded the system but the issue has returned.

What do you do if you get illogical results from testing.

Another example is I managed after 3 hours to get back into Windows, If I shut down now no idea if I can get back in.

does any one know if the RAMPAGE V EXTREME X99 is meant to be rock solid or does the 10/18/2014 version 0802 rev have issues?

I have had to get up and down so many times I managed to break my Obutto chair, the mechanism appears to have snapped or has given so I have to buy a new car seat and try to mount it to the base of this Obutto rev.

Does any one know where you can buy car seats in London?

Spent the whole year wet nursing technology... I try to use my top dollar no limits on cost computer and its falling.

technology will never be enough in life or death situations, if we depend on it, we are toast.

checking this update.
    http://i.imgur.com/CR5zsl8.png

2. theshadow2001

theshadow2001 [DELETE] means [DELETE]

You need to start switching stuff out What sort of stuff do you have to hand?

Can you get to the error log in Windows? Does that show any information that might be relevant?

What diagnostic tools are on the motherboard. Beep codes, LED displays etc

3. rainbowbridge

rainbowbridge Minimodder

I think the error is on my side, I attached the drives to the standard sata ports. Images help to see here.

Sata 6G_1 = 1tb ssd.
    Sata 6G_2 = Blueray
    Sata 6G_3/4 = 2x2tb

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

What seems to be the problem is that if you attach to all of the standard sata ports it does not work.

Also from the manual it looks like I have my main system SSD on the wrong Sata port the 6GB vs it should be on the Express slot which I now have my standard storage drives.

I did rush the build I will have to see if I can simply switch around,

Even on the sata normal the 1tb benchmarked at 450Mb.