1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

LOL Is it possible to be more stupid? Well is it?

Discussion in 'General' started by Kronos, 7 Dec 2012.

1. Kronos

Kronos Multimodder

Yesterday I decided to wall mount a 6 gang extension lead in the bedroom. I removed the plugs which were inserted and unscrewed the face plate so I could mark the screw hole. Can you figure out what I missed, a pretty essential step I think you will find. Yep, I did not remove the extension lead plug from the wall socket.

So it came as no surprise when I got an electric shock,thats a lie because it did come as a surprise.LOL. Oddly though it was not particularly painful and I am sure I remember electric shocks being painful. Perhaps pain lessens in response to the stupidity involved.

So guys this is my story of stupidity Tell me yours.:thumb:

2. bigc90210

bigc90210 Teh C

I used to have a Zalman flower cooler back in th' day and the bracket that held the fan above the flower was bent and meant the fan blades kept hitting the heatsink. I stuck my hand in the side panel awkwardly (at night, with the panel only slightly wedged open) to bend the bracket backwards a bit while the pc was on, forgetting i was wearing a silver bracelet and 2 silver rings on that hand. next thing i seen was a spark and the pc went off, never to come back on. :(

don't wear metal jewellery and put you hand inside of a computer thats on. its silly.

3. Guest-23315

Guest-23315 Guest

I tried to see how well done a marshmallow I was roasting on a BBQ was doing...

So I put it against my nose..

And gave myself a fat blister.

4. goldstar0011

goldstar0011 Multimodder

Once had a light up globe as a kid and couldn't decide if fuse or bulb had gone, not sure about my logic at the time but the most suitable test was to take bulb out with it switched on and put finger in bulb socket...................managed to find out that the fuse was fine and that I would never put finger in a light socket again

5. DeadP1xels

DeadP1xels Social distancing since 92

LOL my friend done something similar

"I wanted to find out how hot the lightbulb got so i put my tongue on it"

Mine was when i was a kid (like 10) i used watch my dad solder stuff, one day i gave it a go and when he was'nt looking i would melt solder for the fun of it (yeh i know...)

I must have drifted the soldering iron further and further from the desk as a massive ball of molten solder landed right on my leg

Unfortunately it was summer and i was wearing shorts :waah: i done the same thing like a week later and it landed on my crotch

never again...

6. Lance

Lance Ender of discussions.

I wanted to feel how fast the blade was spinning on my hand stick blended...

Put my finger on the centre of the blade, where the blade is.

Pressed the power button.....

I was a) very tired
    b) very stupid.

Fortunately I didn't loose my finger.

I don't tell that story to ANYONE because I'm a little ashamed of my own stupidity.

7. TheDodoKiller

TheDodoKiller Minimodder

Well, something I did last year was put my tongue onto the fan of my GPU (Rear blower AMD style thing) whilst it was spinning at 100%.

Needless to say that the tip of my tongue was shredded to bits, my parents wanted me to go to the hospital, but I didn't.

A few weeks later, I ended up with a much worse tongue infection, and was on antibiotics for 2 weeks.

Quite embarrassing, and I'm still not sure why I did it.

8. Kronos

Kronos Multimodder

I really laughed at this one.Sorry.

As for the rest of you,glad I am not alone on this. But I suspect,given my age,that I should have known better or perhaps there is truth in the old saying "there's no fool like an old fool".

9. Fantus

Fantus Nothing to see here...

I shaved the end of my tongue with an electric shaver once.

I went to lick something at the corner of my mouth as I was shaving and essentially shaved the tip of my tongue. It hurt a lot and bled for a good long while, couldn't drink tea for a while either.

10. Carrie

Carrie Multimodder

Ooh I did that when I was 12 :D It's a shock isn't it ;) My father just looked at me and said "Idiot :rolleyes:" - I should explain he used to design and project manage power station builds so I should have known better :hehe:

I had an ex who was particularly good in this category though, here's just 3 examples:

• mixing cocktails in his flat, he forgot to put the lid on the blender before pressing start - hey presto an entire wall covered in sticky drink
    • same kitchen, it had a really old gas cooker with an eye level grill. Failing to light it with a match in the first 10 seconds he crouched down to actually look at it while he was trying to light it. He succeeded in not only lighting it but removing his eyebrows too :hehe:
    • now with the previous experience you'd have thought he'd have learnt "don't be a d**k around fire" but no. On deciding to light a log fire in the fireplace, which didn't take quickly enough for his liking, he thought he'd speed it along by adding lighter fluid to it, while it was alight. The end result, as the flames travelled up the lighter fluid stream, was minus half a beard and one eye brow :lol:

I refuse to discuss the occasion I almost blew up a petrol station though :blush:

11. jizwizard

jizwizard Modder

umm put one of them tennis racket fly zappers on my balls. my mate and i were trying to out do each other at a party. yes there was drink involved

12. MightyBenihana

MightyBenihana Do or do not, there is no try

I need to hear this one now.

I have seen great stupidity in my time.

I used to work for a local council between semesters at Uni maintaining local parks etc. One day I was back at the main HQ thing where we parked the vehicles and met in the morning and at the end of a shift because I had no work.

The manager was butting all the old paper work (10+ years of it) in a metal drum to burn. Of he didn't separate it, just dumped it in so when he tried to light it it was like trying to burn a few hundred yellow pages. It just wouldn't light.

I had been watching him for about 20 minutes (I know, I could have helped but by the way he was working I thought I would steer clear). Suddenly he walks off in to the store garage and comes back carrying what looks like a heavy watering can.

Now half of me wanted to see what happened but fortunately my more sensible half took control. I ran outside and shouted "STOP!". He stopped and looked at me and said, "what's the problem?"

"Is that what I think it is?" I asked knowing the answer already

"It's petrol" he said "this damn this won't light."

"But it's still smoldering you f**king idiot" I said

He had wanted to pour about 5 litres of petrol on to a smoldering paper fire from a watering can he was holding!!!

I explained he was basically holding a bomb and he would die but he said no don't be so stupid.

I then proceed to cover an old rag with petrol on a stick put it in the drum and then threw a match in. It went up like bonfire night at which point he said "Oh, I didn't realize petrol burned that well"

I still sometimes think about what would have happened if I wasn't there. Just curious to see the result of that amount of petrol being poured onto a fire from a watering can.

Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

13. jizwizard

jizwizard Modder

a guy i used to work with, his son decided to blow a gas mains up on a new housing estate being built. over 100 houses were affected in the fire

14. B1GBUD

B1GBUD ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Accidentally Funny

I did the exact same thing when I was about 13..... I'll never do it again!!

15. Sarakon

Sarakon The German

I did a similar thing to OP. I just moved into a new house and my friend was over he was setting up my PC and then I decided I needed to add a multi-plug to my extension cable. I cut off the one end and proceeded to take the multi-plug apart. He then cam to me and asked for an extension cable, so I told him to go plug it in. I grabbed the other end and got the shock of my life, while also plunging the house into darkness.

I have shocked myself on my dads transformer as well. it is open in the middle and as a kid i wanted to see what happens when I touch it. It was quite sore, I can tell you that.

And in our old house we had a chili plant and one of the chilies had fallen off and was quite dry. Me being 6 years old, thought that since it is dry it cant be hot anymore, right? RIGHT? I was proven quite wrong, storming into the house crying at the top of my lungs.

And lastly I was mixing potassium nitrate in my room, always testing a little bit from the mix, to ensure that it was correctly mixed. One of the sparks from my test jumped into the bowl of completed mixture. It erupted into flames smoking up my entire room and burning a hole into my table...

I have learnt out of all these things....

16. Ending Credits

Ending Credits Bunned

Wait, what?

17. Sarakon

Sarakon The German

Yup exactly. It was for a rocket project in school. All the other mixing I had done outside and for some reason I moved it inside....:nono:

18. knuck

knuck Hate your face

I have eczema pretty much everwhere and I've been destroying my own skin for 27 years

yeah, that counts

19. liratheal

liratheal Sharing is Caring

I knocked an iron over and went to grab it, grabbing the hot side - Not particularly smart!

I've also missed with several scalpels and what have you, stabbed through my left middle finger (Into the back of the nail), sliced the side of my left index finger (Little centimetre long/across bit) open, got scars on my right hand from an Xbox heat sink, breaking into my own apartment, plastic burns on my right index finger, cigarette burn on my left hand..

My hands are a special place for scars and stupidity >.>

20. GeorgeK

GeorgeK Swinging the banhammer Super Moderator

On a similar note to the above regarding chillies, not that long ago I was cooking dinner and chopped up a chilli to put into it. After everything was sorted and bubbling away I nipped off to the toilet for a number 1, forgetting that I hadn't completely washed my hands after preparing the dinner - I had a rather warm (burning) little GeorgeK for a few hours after that...