1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Multi Crysis 3 Open Beta Live

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by samkiller42, 29 Jan 2013.

1. samkiller42

samkiller42 For i AM Cheesecake!!

Hi All,

Just a heads up, the Crysis 3 Open Multiplayer Beta is up and live on xbox Live

Not too sure about PSN, but it 'could' be there too.

Cheers,

Sam

2. Neogumbercules

Neogumbercules What's a Dremel?

You had me up until "Xbox Live" :blush:

3. spectre456

spectre456 What's a Dremel?

It's on origin too. I had low expectations at first admittedly, but they have really tweaked it for the better. Nano-vision has its own power source, sprinting doesn't drain energy, even with armour mode on and the cloak lasts longer by default.

Also, Dat Crossbow. Ultimate predator simulator.

4. Gunsmith

Gunsmith Maximum Win

**** the multiplayer, the SP is awesome

5. Guest-23315

Guest-23315 Guest

And if Gunny says it, it must be true.

6. sotu1

sotu1 Ex-Modder

oooh is it shaping up nicely?

7. [ZiiP] NaloaC

[ZiiP] NaloaC Multimodder

I tried the MP beta this morning. A round of Crash and a round of Hunter and have to say I quite enjoyed it!

8. spectre456

did you know you could hop into the vtol that hovers around and use its mounted guns? Also, those explosive darts on the crossbow :D

9. Podge4

Podge4 Oi, whats your game?

Its not out on PSN yet, it will be soon.I tried two rounds last night, got to tweak settings, had pretty much everything maxed apart from AA on 1600x900. Ive just updated my Catalyst drivers to 13.2 beta as its meant to have an increase in performance for C3 MP Beta, not tried it with this yet tho. I'll spend time testing settings on the full game.

10. Nealieboyee

Nealieboyee Packaging Master!

How much did they pay you to say that? :D

Downloading now in case you AREN'T full of s**t. :thumb:

11. Gunsmith

Gunsmith Maximum Win

not enough believe me, no it really is better then colossal **** **** that was Crysis 2, just make sure you play it on a challenging difficulty.

12. mars-bar-man

mars-bar-man Side bewb.

Well, the multiplayer has left me with a bad rash 'down there'. I'm really not impressed with any of the multiplayer aspect. Aside from the loading screen which cycles too fast when I'm reading it, or I'm off getting a cup of tea so when I get into the game, there's absolutely no clue as to what I need to do.

I think I'll save my £30 and go hire a hooker.

13. [ZiiP] NaloaC

[ZiiP] NaloaC Multimodder

I saw you were on Museum, dark map. Up your brightness a little and tone down your graphics a smidge (it is voracious for your GPU).

You were playing on a Crash Site map, where there are those node thingies that crash around the map every now and then. All you have to do is remain within it's capture radius (shown by the pulsing aura around it).

It's domination essentially, nothing more.

I got horrible slow-down up close with players, I think it was a mixture of terrible ping (100+ to EU servers.... never an issue on BF3) and the graphics settings for me. Other than that though, it's fairly steady for me. It took me a little bit to get used to the pace of it as well. It is a twitchy shooter, though I've seen some people play it a fair bit slower and they've done well.

I started running a stealthy shotgun setup, with hunter, proximity alarm and auto armour. Means I just sneak around and beat people to death, the shotgun is just backup :D

Honestly, I really have started to like this a lot. I'm not going to play too much more of it as I don't want to burn it out and I have other things to do too :D

Definite purchase for me though once I have the money.

On top of that, there is also Hunter Mode. Prepare to **** yourself.

I think I've come closer to a heart attack on that than I have on any other game. When you are last man standing... you're heart rate is going a million beats a minute trying to survive another 5 seconds at a time.

I've had issues with the shotgun and indeed other weapons where the bullet spread is just insane, but as Xander pointed out, burst fire is your friend. I don't know why, but I do miss a hell of a lot with the shotgun. I don't know if it's a twitch just before I shoot or what, but it can be annoying.

Give it another blast.

14. Telltale Boy

Telltale Boy Designated CPC Jetwhore

I didn't like it all at first but I've played a bit more and really started to enjoy it.

It's great fun being the hunter and not too bad on the other side either. My standard tactic is going with the close quarters class (the jammer is invaluable), grabbing ammo at the beginning and then holding fort somewhere with a couple of other players. Seems to work pretty well so far.

I'm still getting used to the mechanics though, I'm not really sure how the different suit modes work in terms cooldowns and limitations. Certainly stealth doesn't seem to be as useful as it as in the Crysis 2 multilayer. Also holy shitballs the guns are hard to control, the standard assault rifle goes all over the place and burst fire doesn't seem to help too much.

15. spectre456

lol. you should try the LMGs then to see how well you AR guys have it.

Sniping is getting on my nerves now. The delay after you pull the trigger is throwing me off too much

16. Telltale Boy

Telltale Boy Designated CPC Jetwhore

I'll have to try the LMG then. They must be nerfed it because it seemed to be ridiculously overpowered in the alpha.

Also sniping does seem to be hilariously underpowered, what with the fast movement making head shots difficult and then auto armour meaning that anything else is a 3 hit kill. Combine that with the very tight maps it's just not even worth it.

17. Elton

Elton Officially a Whisky Nerd

But recoils is good recoil.

18. Weekly_Estimate

Weekly_Estimate Random bird noises.

amazing game, great fun!

19. Vengence93

Vengence93 What's a Dremel?

20. Gunsmith

Gunsmith Maximum Win

forget this guy, I can tell you more.

if your running nvidia cards i STRONGLY recommend installing the 313.96 Beta's
    I don't have any news on ATI kits atm i'll drop some news here if I find out more.