1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Frozen Synapse moving to consoles

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by brumgrunt, 5 Feb 2013.

1. brumgrunt

brumgrunt What's a Dremel?

2. ashchap

ashchap Minimodder

Is that the actual poster for it? it gives completely the wrong impression about what the game is about!

it looks like they are trying to mislead console gamers into buying a non FPS game...

3. Sloth

Sloth #yolo #swag

Love Frozen Synapse but could never really get into it since no one else I knew played. Hopefully this'll help the game gather a larger following. It's also exciting to see how the new art design turns out, it could use something a little more varied and detailed as the world of smooth blue walls and floors gets stale after a bit.

Odd, I didn't get that impression at all. The man is pretty non-descript and you can barely see he's holding a gun, it's far more understated than what you see for FPS games like Crysis or BF3 where it's obvious you'll be playing as the guy on the box. Given that the word "tactics" is part of the title it seems natural to assume it'll be a strategy game and he just serves to give an idea of the settings and units. The title could be a little more obvious, though. It doesn't get the name stuck in people's heads to look up and buy later.

4. dolphie

dolphie What's a Dremel?

I thought it was ok in small doses, but it pales in comparison to the strategy games we used to get 10-20 years ago. It made me just want to replay Jagged Alliance, Xcom, Syndicate, etc. But maybe if they can afford a bigger budget in the future they could make something like that.

5. alecamused

alecamused Minimodder

or maybe when they say
    what they mean is, "let's turn it into a fps"? :)

Tags: Add Tags