1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hardware Lian Li PC-V2120 Review

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by arcticstoat, 17 Mar 2011.

1. arcticstoat

arcticstoat Minimodder

2. faugusztin

faugusztin I *am* the guy with two left hands

Well, this case is not really meant to be air cooled. I mean look at the top - you see three removable 12cm spots. Which means - 360 radiator. Put the rest of the water cooling kit somewhere in the case, and you got an internal 360 radiator with water cooling loop.

3. memeroot

memeroot aged and experianced

4. warejon9

warejon9 What's a Dremel?

Slight typo on testing page, as you've got antec 100 at the top. Nice case though :)

5. t5kcannon

t5kcannon Minimodder

6. t5kcannon

t5kcannon Minimodder

7. asura

asura jack of all trades

"Raising the height of the case is what Lian Li calls a VGA pillar bar; a strut of aluminium that can be used to support the weight of larger graphics cards. However, the fittings for doing this are fiddly and the fact that the pillar bar intrudes into the case – reducing CPU cooler clearance considerably – means that it’s a waste of aluminium. "

Unless you're watercooling and have 7 full cover GPU blocks... not like I could ever afford, or need that, but still, there are those who can and do (well, say they do :p)

8. Jipa

Jipa Avoiding the "I guess.." since 2004

I like the style (also I like doors), but the size and price are just jokes.

Thanks.

9. sotu1

sotu1 Ex-Modder

I'm sorry how much!?

10. tigertop1

tigertop1 What's a Dremel?

The price is horrendous! You can pick up an NZXT Phantom case for 1/3 of that and it is a better design overall.

11. faugusztin

@tigertop1: you know, plastic&steel vs aluminum... For you who don't mind the difference in materials, it is really not worth it.

Oh wait, you missed the main reason this case exists. Please, put your glasses on, do your math and count the number of PCI slots this case handles. Then look at NZXT Phantom and tell me where do you put your EVGA SR-2 in it. Because this case is designed for EVGA SR-2, not your average ATX board.

12. Guest-23315

Guest-23315 Guest

13. Zoon

Zoon Hunting Wabbits since the 80s

14. rollo

rollo Modder

Can we get a retest with an sr-2 board + water cooling setup and the 4 gpus people are gonna stick in it instead of this stupid test setup that proves nothing as no one will spend £400 to put a £100 motherboard in it.

Please retest with correct hardware

15. Krikkit

Krikkit All glory to the hypnotoad! Super Moderator

And what comparison would be useful with all that enormous hardware which only fits in one case?

With plain-old ATX hardware it's a useful comparison on its raw air-cooling performance, if it can't cool a single CPU system decently what difference does piling it full of gear make?

16. Fingers66

Fingers66 Kiwi in London

Do you seriously expect bit-tech to go to all that cost & effort for one case test?

17. faugusztin

You know, there are lots of cases which suck as air-cooling cases, but excel as watercooling cases. This case is exactly this - a perfect water cooling case with place for 360 rad at top and lots of space for the rest of the water cooling kit - all internal, no external radiators needed.

18. urobulos

urobulos Minimodder

Although the tone is inappropriate, he does have a point. Either do a test for a 400£ case with hardware that would justify the cost or just don't bother. Btw I think that it is probably too much effort to put an SR2 and a 3-4 GPU setup with waterloops for testing what is a very niche product. And I don't think anyone has the time or money to do that anyway. But testing it as a standard aircooling case is not what this case was designed for I think.

19. tigertop1

tigertop1 What's a Dremel?

If this is such a great case for watercooling what is it doing with 5 big fans???!!! 'Cos no one is going to use it in an aircooling role with so meany cheaper and better aircool cases around

20. rollo

rollo Modder

Bit tech test methods are well known i like them in a standard atx case

When your reviewing something that is designed for sr2 duel CPU and many gpus all of which will end up under water cooling then you expect a bit more effort than the bog standard air tests of which prove it's a poor air cooling case most enthusiast on this site could of told you as much without the review.

Due to the huge gaps between the fans and the hardware

There is less than 5 e atx cases that you can buy in the uk many resort to building there own or importing big case mods which can cost more than this.

Value comparison to what please is there another competing product in the uk or reviewed by this site. But tech have reviewed the sr2 I'd hazard a be they still have it even if they just tested it under air we would see a better extract of what is been sold

Tags: Add Tags