1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Leaks reveal Nvidia GeForce GTX Titan LE, Titan II

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Gareth Halfacree, 22 Apr 2013.

1. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

2. maverik-sg1

maverik-sg1 Minimodder

From a pricing perspective - I'd never expect to pay such a premium for a GPU, I doubt the LE version will be lower than £500 and even though it's performance would be a substantial increase over my 570, essentially my 570 still performs at my gaming resolution and detail settings.

Not that Nvidia reads these pages, but if they did, £450 is the limit for a launch price with a target price of around £375 OK!!

3. atc95

atc95 I have the upgrade bug!

The titan le will sell well, once you match a titan le to the price of 2 7970s and it retains similar performance to the original titan, it will be far more if an upgraded proposition. Especially as not all games take advantage of multi gpu configurations.

4. rollo

rollo Modder

Nvidia has no competitors at the moment in the price bracket the Titans are selling in, With a AMD refresh not due till next year these are the prices we have to live with in a 1 company market.

AMD console win means they have no space to make consumer gpus this year so it will be nvidia only at the prices we are seeing.

Nvidia titan chip is still alot cheaper than its tesla range for the record.

5. Parge

Parge the worst Super Moderator

Nah, I couldn't ever justify it either, but its nice to have these in the marketplace as a benchmark what's possible with PCs.

6. maverik-sg1

maverik-sg1 Minimodder

I agree - but because also the current gen of single GPU cards are capable of providing "excellent to satisfactory" FPS at up to 2550x1440, these new cards are pure luxury - so then when you add into the equation "price" - if they're not priced right then you limit your customer base.

I hope that this pushes the other gpu prices down in price :)

7. damien c

damien c Mad FPS Gamer

Hmm a Titan Ultra now that would be interesting to see benchmarked, however I wouldn't expect to see it sell for less than £1k and wouldn't be suprised if was around the £1200 mark for a single card.

8. mi1ez

mi1ez Modder

Forgive me if I'm wrong, but surely AMD won't actually be providing the chips, only the IP.

9. rollo

rollo Modder

They provide the first batch of chips as part of the agreement with both Microsoft and Sony acording to reports.

10. Snips

Snips I can do dat, giz a job

Remember, they're doing this because of the success of Titan. Someone has been buying them, so there must be a market for them.

11. Guest-44432

Guest-44432 Guest

Gonna watch the market place when the Ultra comes out - As I'm sure someone I know may have 4 up for sale soon. :D

12. Harlequin

Harlequin Modder

that's because the 7990 is faster and cheaper.....

13. MjFrosty

MjFrosty Minimodder

Oh FGS.

"We were so pleased with the response to the Titan that we're going to release the same card again with clocks that the original one should of shipped with in the first place."

Yeah? Nothing new there then.

I'll just bin off the idea of buying a second Titan now then shall I.

Heartless *******s.

14. GuilleAcoustic

GuilleAcoustic Ook ? Ook !

Just a question : "Does nVidia cripple openGL, cuda and double precision floating point performance on Titan's ?" ... because this is what they do with GEForce's, in order to sell more quadro and Tesla ...

15. rollo

rollo Modder

You buy one then ill take a Titan any day over it, duel Gpu on a single card never worked for me. (
    5990 , 6990 owned both sold both)

Judging by alot of forums it has not worked for many people.

16. r3loaded

r3loaded Minimodder

FP64 performance doesn't really matter for buyers of GeForce cards as no game uses it. Heck, I think even Folding@home only uses integer calculations (don't quote me on that, but I'm sure it doesn't use FP64).

If you do need to run applications that require good FP64 performance, chances are that your employer/educational institute is already supplying you with a Tesla card.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

17. Kovoet

Kovoet What's a Dremel?

Hear hear and totally agree. Nvidia might be good cards but they are getting crazy with prizes

18. Harlequin

Harlequin Modder

not really - it matching AMD 5870 in FP64......

important if your a miner ;)

19. Pete J

Pete J Employed scum

GTX Titan Ultra huh? Makes me glad I didn't go overboard and buy some Titans. Not that I'd been able to afford this theoretical new card as I agree with damien c's prediction of £1200 - as a minimum.

My sympathies to the likes of MjFrosty and others.

20. GravitySmacked

GravitySmacked Mostly Harmless

Interesting, I've been eyeing up a Titan since it was first announced but cannot quite justify the expense. A lower priced, slightly less powerful version, would almost certainly win me over depending on reviews etc.