1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PSU Computer power up and down via Z-Wave binary sensor

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by lysaer, 29 Sep 2016.

1. lysaer

lysaer Suck my unit! Kirk lazarus (2008)

Hey all

Does anyone know if this would work to power up and shutdown a pc via Z-Wave please?

http://manuals.fibaro.com/binary-sensor/

I assume if it does it would simply go to the power switch, what would be the correct way to connect it if so

Thank you in advance

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

2. theshadow2001

theshadow2001 [DELETE] means [DELETE]

I'm on my phone which makes the manual hard to read but it says the conditions of the output are based purely on the condition of the corresponding input which appear to be hard wired to external transducers.

So to me that thing looks like it can relay the values of the inputs over z-wire but can't control the outputs via z-wire. So it may not be what you want.

Like I said I'm on my phone so maybe someone else could confirm what I'm saying.

It might help if you told us what event, action or device you want to use to turn on or off the computer.

3. lysaer

Thanks for the reply

I want to be able to power up and shutdown the PC via my amazon echo

The echo works well with Z-wave devices and have managed to automate my lights and some sockets.

What I was hoping is this sensor would basically act as your pc power button, so when you send the command via the amazon echo the PC powers up just as if you'd hit the power button

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

4. lysaer