1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hardware EVGA Z87 Stinger Review

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Meanmotion, 7 Jan 2014.

1. Meanmotion

Meanmotion bleh Moderator

2. Sim0n

Sim0n rm -rf /

Is this the mITX motherboard thats designed to fit "perfectly" into the hadron air ? As in the heatsink holes line up to the inbound backplate of the chassis. Allowing easier fitting on aftermarket aircoolers.

3. Cei

Cei pew pew pew

Yep, this is "the" board designed for the Hadron...but the Impact fits fine.

I was torn between this board and the Impact when I was putting my rig together, and went for the Impact. Simply put, the daughter soundcard, better VRMs and bundled WiFi/Bluetooth are actual value features with practical use, which EVGA didn't match. It's a shame, as I would have liked an entirely EVGA made box ;)

4. SchizoFrog

SchizoFrog What's a Dremel?

How have you found the sound of the Impact, anything noticeable over standard sound ? What speakers are you using if you don't mind me asking?

5. B NEGATIVE

B NEGATIVE All Hail Kim Jong Magoo!

If the BIOS is still up to recent EVGA standards then i will pass.

Shame,I have a soft spot for EVGA as a company,all went a bit bobbins after Shamino left.

I cant say i noticed any improvement with my impact...my ears are battered from years of Drum and Bass raves tho.....

6. Cei

Cei pew pew pew

I'm using Bowers & Wilkins MM-1 speakers most of the time, which being USB don't use the soundcard. However, my headphones are constantly plugged in to the Impact (Razer Carcharias), and there is noticeably less 'hiss' over the output (coming from a Realtek HD), and a generally fuller sound.

I've run the MM-1s over a standard 3.5mm jack as well, and they sound good. I've also had it hooked to my home cinema (a Sony STR-DA1030 receiver, two Sony SS B4ED speakers for fronts and Mordaunt Short rears/centres) with a noticeable difference.

7. SchizoFrog

SchizoFrog What's a Dremel?

Damn... I seem set to continue my dilemma regarding a m-ITX or Micro-ATX build next time around.

Tags: Add Tags