1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows New Gaming Upgrades HELP!

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Vengence93, 17 Jan 2013.

1. Vengence93

Vengence93 What's a Dremel?

Hey everyone and good morning, Today i am here to ask a question on which im worried to the bone about.

I Received my AMD II X4 965 BE yesterday as upgrade to becoming gaming spec, Now i had some trouble first of all installing it as i was really picky on the thermal paste being too much or not enough, i am training to get a IT Technician. Been doing this since i was 10. Waiting to take my A+ Exams too. But i just panic my self and wondered if anyone more experienced could give me reassurance or peace of mind.

The cooler went on ok i double checked its stable and not too tight to sandwich the CPU to the socket, when i booted it up at first it would refresh the screen once or twice more than my old CPU. like a line going through at the starting windows. Also i used Arctic Silver MX4 Paste, when it gets into windows if found that yesterday it was a bit quicker at times. But i believe that you need to give the CPU a little few mins to adapt and get used to its new home, This morning once i booted my PC up there was less lines or refreshing on the screen. I would say that the Load time has decreased by a few seconds, and this worried me that i had damaged the CPU in anyway.

Im Currently waiting for my Sapphire HD Radeon 7770 OC Vapour X to arrive and was wondering if my current Integrated Graphics HD 4200 or my old AMD X2 550 BE Dual Core was the bottle neck, my advice to my self?!. Wait! i rushed things too quickly and i fear im paying the price.

If anyone could reassure my nerves i would be gladly Grateful and if you know anything for a newbie starting PC Gaming i would be highly grateful.

Many Thanks

Ben

PC Specs:

CPU: AMD II X4 965 BE. 3.4Ghz/Arctic Freezer Pro 7 Rev 2.
    MOBO: M4A785TD-V EVO
    RAM: Corsair, Gskill, Kingston. 6GB - 2GB Each.
    Case: Antec 300
    HDD: Samsung 1TB F3
    DVD DRIVE: Samsung Blue Ray, DVD, ETC

Temps: Idle CPU- 32c
    Mobo: 28c

Full Load:
    CPU-34c
    Mobo-30c

But they were games like angry birds, not BF3 or Etc.

Many Thanks

Ben!:rock:

2. MrDomRocks

MrDomRocks Modder

To start with if the cooler wasn't seated properly you wouldn't get past the post beep or even into windows. As thermal cut out would kick in protecting the system.

I was using the same cooler on an I5 2500k. Having a cpu temp not during load, i.e idle at 32c is just fine. Under load it would be much higher. As you haven't overclocked the cpu and the temps on idle are stable then I don't see a problem.

I expect much higher temperatures under a full load. Like say running a few passes using Intel Burn Test. That would test the might of the cooler.

I had overcloed my cpu using that cooler in the past and hit 60c or above. I now have a different cooler. Thermaltake Frio which tames head much better.

3. workingclass

workingclass What's a Dremel?

Think you're ok mate.

4. Parge

Parge the worst Super Moderator

You sound like you are worrying way too much.

Your temps are fine. I doubt very much if you'll notice any difference between your X2 550 BE and your 965 BE outside of games.

To truly test your CPU, download Prime 95 and run the torture test, 'In place large FFTs'. If your CPU stays below 70C you are all good.

5. Vengence93

THANKS!

Thank you Guys so much for your help, ive found i need to get used to the quick sudden change, ive seen the system speed up in terms of usual actions e.g. browsing, programmes, unzipping etc.
    Its true i do worry too much, tbh this was my issue before 2yrs ago when i first initially built my pc. Yea it was all fine not issues, apart from....and i know this is a silly moment. I Forgot to plug in the 12V 4pin connector, thinking it was the processor or something until i took it down to my college to find it was just that.

But then again im a newbie and still learning everyday on these things, Ive recently just been looking over a website to analyze my current pc spec of course without the HD 7770, and it beats all the recommendations in terms of RAM, and CPU performance. Which i am more than please to hear. Since Ive been waiting 2YRS! to finally come to the major jump in upgrades to become a fully support Gaming spec, Ex-Xbox 360 Player lol.

But Thanks again for all your help guys and i hope to see you in the vast bitterness of computer bits!

:thumb::clap::lol:

P.S im not looking to overclock, but just to keep at a stable rate to ensure safety and reliability which my AMD X2 displayed on so many occasions. Cool and Stable is the way to Mingle!

6. Vengence93

Hey Guys just a quick update im doing the blend test on Prime 95, So far 10mins in 46c on the CPU now i have the Antec 300 case and the only exhaust fan which is the top is producing the most if any heat, as its practically a good gap from the CPU Cooler. Now that is set to a low setting in terms of speed and how much is can suck out.

Whats everyone's opinion on this, im thinking to set that top fan to the highest setting which is fairly loud but Cool is the way forward. Doing that i should see a slight drop in the CPU say 1-3?

7. benji2412

benji2412 <insert message here>

Why not experiment and find out for yourself?

8. Parge

Parge the worst Super Moderator

Agreed. Try it out, but I doubt you'll see much difference.

9. Jake123456

Jake123456 Surprise!

I don't know, what are you doing to get them temps? Is it when its idle or running a game?

Make sure you get BF3 and jump in the action with all us Bros before Hoes :p

Edit: and pretty much what they said above, test it and see if it does..

10. Vengence93

Just want to be sure on an experts opinion bro, Just a small update and im sure this makes my testing inconclusive im still watching videos etc and still after 1hr 30mins. 47c:rock:

11. Vengence93

IM currently Doing this under prime95 Torture Test. My Cooler is only doing 1180 RPM And not that loud either, I Think ive built a Frankenstein !:clap:

12. Vengence93

43c When playing a Game Bro

13. Jake123456

Jake123456 Surprise!

Decent temps as well!...

Like I said, get onto the Battlefield now soilder!...

14. Vengence93

Like i said bro i made a monster, 43c When playing games was about 45c or max i got on prime 95 48c, but now i have the top exhaust fan on my Antec 300 case on full so its stayed below 44c.
    :brrr:

15. Vengence93

Bro i will give me a chance too lol, im just gona play some Planetside 2 and maybe GTA 4 Complete edition:hip: