1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ATI Radeon X1900 family

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by The_Pope, 24 Jan 2006.

1. The_Pope

The_Pope Geoff Richards Super Moderator

2. crayfish

crayfish Amazing scenes!

First reply :p

Looks like ATi pwnage from here on in!

3. eek

eek CAMRA ***.

wow.

I want I want I want.

Shame it'll clear by entire student loan getting two of those for crossfire - not to mention the fact that I'll need a new motherboard!! Damn!! I know what I'm now saving for :D

4. [USRF]Obiwan

[USRF]Obiwan What's a Dremel?

hmmz.. i rather wait for the first dx10 card...

5. thetraindriver

thetraindriver What's a Dremel?

These gonna be available in AGP?... or maybe PCI? :p

6. rupbert

rupbert What's a Dremel?

That will be quite some wait.

7. Leeum

Leeum What's a Dremel?

Looks like ATi are back in the game!

8. Hamish

Hamish What's a Dremel?

does this mean the HSF fittings are the same between them? i hope so :D

scan have the XT for £328+vat :eeek:

1 more thing, is there going to be an x1900xl? if so how's it gonig to differ, just lower clocks again or less pixel wotsits :p

9. Tim S

Tim S OG

yes, they're the same :thumb:

I don't think so, there'll be an All-In-Wonder with lower clocks and a single slot cooler though. :)

10. rupbert

rupbert What's a Dremel?

Bigz is there any indication as to when the 7900 series will be released? I think at CEBIT it claimed sometime around March?

11. Tim S

Tim S OG

I'd think we'll see it before CeBit. However, they've got to improve the image quality if they're going to compete through and through. :)

12. rupbert

rupbert What's a Dremel?

I assume ATIs release of the x1900 has forced Nvidia to bring the release forward?

Would be interesting to see x1900 vx 7900...

Do you mean in terms of actual noticable image fidelity, or framerate performance (I assume you are talking specfically about AA?)

13. LoneArchon

LoneArchon What's a Dremel?

Isn't the new nvidia card coming out very soon G71 i think it was. The X1900 family looks nice and will hopefully drive prices of the older models down and then maybe i can get a new graphic card without spendin a arm and a leg.

14. hitman012

hitman012 Minimodder

Good review, guys :)

I wondered when R520 was launched whether the completely new architecture, once matured, would come back to bite NV in the ass - apparently it has, because they will have to drastically increase clock speeds to compete here. I want to see a totally new design from the green corner tbh.

It is nice to see ATi claiming back the market because, of course, it means NVIDIA have to come up with something faster... only 5 months after I bought my 256MB GTX, though :duh:

LoneArchon: G71 is the 7900 card.

15. Hamish

Hamish What's a Dremel?

woot can keep my wb then :D
    noes :waah:
    £390 is a bit on the high side, i was hoping for an xl type one i could douse in water and clock the crap out of :(
    not interesed in AiW, be the same/more expensive and have no need for tv tuner stuff

might just have to grab one of those XTs off scan :worried:
    anyone want to lend me £400? :D

16. Tim S

Tim S OG

We'll have that on the day that the card is released :thumb:

Nope, we're talking about the texture filtering - ATI's texture filtering and anisotropic filtering quality is in another league and with X1900 series, it's actually useable. :rock:

Check on this page and the page after it covers anisotropic filtering quality - the main focus should be the 'highest' setting: http://www.bit-tech.net/hardware/2005/10/17/sapphire_radeon_x1800xl/5.html

ATI: http://www.bit-tech.net/content_images/sapphire_radeon_x1800xl/x1800xl-16hqaf.jpg

NVIDIA: http://www.bit-tech.net/content_images/sapphire_radeon_x1800xl/7800gt-16afhq.jpg

look at the ground :)

17. Aphex_

Aphex_ What's a Dremel?

i don't suppouse there is any word on the head room for overclocking, assumedly if the xtx uses the same hsf then the xt should be able to be pushed up towards its speeds, any word on the ram [chip codes] as well?

i'm sure ppl with a watercooling system are drooling at this as if the card doesn't use high gear on the stock hsf then there must be some room left.

are any aib's likely to sel pre-overclocked btw?

18. [sinz]

[sinz] What's a Dremel?

I'm a bit confused. For a crossfire setup, one would use a regular X1900XTX and then for the second card you'd use the X1900 CrossFire edition? e.g. you don't use two of the same card in a Crossfire configuration?

19. Tim S

Tim S OG

I forgot to add that in :blush:

The Radeon X1900XTX has 1.1ns DRAMs (1800MHz), while the X1900 CrossFire Edition has 1.2ns DRAMs (1650MHz)

I'd estimate that there will be pre-overclocked cards soon. :)

20. Tim S

Tim S OG

For high-end CrossFire setups (X1800 and X1900), you need an X1x00 CrossFire Edition card and a standard CrossFire ready Radeon X1x00-series card. In simple terms, the CrossFire Edition card does some clever stuff and makes the cards work together.

For Radeon X1600/X1300, you can use two of the same cards and don't need a CrossFire Edition card.

NVIDIA's SLI technology uses cards with the same chipsets (bios versions/board manufacturers and clock speeds can differ). For example, you can put two 7800 GTX 256 cards together, but not a 7800 GTX 256 and a 7800 GTX 512. :)

Tags: Add Tags