1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Microsoft releases Raspberry Pi 3D printing app

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Gareth Halfacree, 24 May 2016.

1. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

2. IanW

IanW Grumpy Old Git

3. SkiDave

SkiDave Minimodder

While it's good step, a lot of 3D printer manufacturers are already including ethernet connections in their printers for remote printing and monitoring.

My RepRap Mendel has a great web interface that I can monitor from any device in the house.

4. Flibblebot

Flibblebot Smile with me

I'm not really sure it has anything to do with Geil...

I think Windows 10 IoT is too little too late. Most Pi people experience Raspbian first, and that's what they're used to.

5. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

Huh - how bizarre. I wrote this article after the GeIL one, using the same text editor (DraftIn.com, for the curious): a line from the old file must have survived in the background and been picked up when I copied and pasted it into the CMS. I'll get rid of it when I'm at a proper computer again - cheers for the catch!

EDIT:
    Okay, who wants to see something really, really strange? The GeIL line appears in the published article; the GeIL line appears in the preview in T5 (the BT content management system). Click on Edit, though, and the line disappears. No, seriously, here's the Aqua Computers article that has the same issue: GeIL isn't mentioned once.

[​IMG]

So, not DraftIn's fault. Not my fault either. Looks like something's br0k in the CMS; I'll let the powers that be know.

Last edited: 24 May 2016
  6. Gareth Halfacree

It's *everywhere* - even in Antony's MOTM post on the main page. I've created a feedback thread and alerted t'editor.