1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hardware Gelid The Black Edition review

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by brumgrunt, 7 Feb 2013.

1. brumgrunt

brumgrunt What's a Dremel?

2. S1W1

S1W1 Minimodder

Sadly, aircooling simply doesn't make sense for this price range anymore - not when you could have the Corsair H60 for roughly the same price (providing you have sufficient room in your case, of course).

3. Xir

Xir Modder

If I read the reviews right, in the lower pricepoints, the Gelid Tranquilo is the quietest, but a bit weak, and the Arctic cooling Freezer i30 is powerfull enough, but too loud.

Where's the sweet spot for cheap, quiet, powerfull enough for an i5- 2500k with a mild OC at the moment?

4. Dogbert666

Dogbert666 *Fewer Lover of bit-tech Administrator

If you have the space for it, the Macho Rev.A from Thermalright is just under £40 atm, quiet, and importantly produces good temperatures too.

5. Xir

Xir Modder

Thx!
    Still have to buy a case, so I'll make sure I've got the room :D

Hehe! The last Thermalright I owned is a SLK900, no tower, no heatpipes, just 500grams of pure copper :eeek:

[​IMG]

Last edited: 8 Feb 2013
  6. Shirty

Shirty W*nker! Super Moderator

I keep my 2500k at 4.2 all the time, and I've yet to find a compelling reason to replace my Thermaltake Frio bought at release, it still keeps things under 50°C at full load (with fans on minimum) in what is now quite an archaic case.

7. jrs77

jrs77 Modder

Not everyone is fond of those watercoolers. I had the Corsair H50 and H60 and I threw them away, after three times of RMA didn't help with the pumps of them.

Seriously, watercooling has too many drawbacks, like leaking loops destroying your hardware - happened to me aswell before, or that the GPU-blocks are damn expensive and not matching every card, chipsets and powercoils need new coolers for every new board, etc, etc, etc.

Back in the days when we built watercoolers ourselves, with old radiators from motorcycles and pumps from aquariums it was somewhat reasonable, as we could overclock the parts by up to 50% (Celeron A 400 @ 600MHz), but nowadays I'm rather buying a good aircooler.

Tags: Add Tags