1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tips New Photo Tutorial Channel

Discussion in 'Photography, Art & Design' started by Silver51, 9 Sep 2016.

1. Silver51

Silver51 I cast flare!

Just started a photo tutorial channel on YouTube with a few pilot videos up at the moment. The plan is to cover the super basic stuff in bite size videos and move on from there.

Not entirely sure where I'm going with this but it's a start.

Also forgot how much YouTube locks away for new channels. At least I have thumbnails so, there's that.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCqgVjsLkpD_dF5D69FzNXOg

2. CuriousGeorge

CuriousGeorge What's a Dremel?

Cool idea :) I've been looking for some good quality online tutorials. I know photography is kind of a learning by doing kind of craft, but nevertheless getting some guidelines with visuals is really helpful.

I think I tried to post here before but it doesn't seem to have worked. Just wanted to say this is a cool idea. I love learning through online tutorials. And even though photography is kind of a learning by doing art form, it helps to have some visual and interactive guidelines.

Keep it up!

Last edited by a moderator: 22 Sep 2016
  3. Silver51

Silver51 I cast flare!

Thanks dude. They're taking a lot longer to make than the usual gaming videos and it turns out I need some more equipment before I can go outside with the video cameras.

In the mean time, another vid.

4. CuriousGeorge

He Silver 51,

Can you do a tutorial on photo licensing? Or is that not really your thing? I find your videos to be quite informative and I assume you've gone through the licensing and copyright process for your own work. I was reading this article on image copyright, and they mention Creative Commons Licenses. They list the 6 different licenses, but don't explain them in detail. I went to the Creative Commons website as well and they do give a short break down of each license. But still, it would be nice to hear from a professional like you how you go about this and what type of licencing makes the most sense. Perhaps this is different for each photographer and what they are trying to achieve with their work.

Anyway, it could be that you have done a tutorial on this already and I just missed it. If so, please just share the video like you did above.

Thanks!

5. Porkins' Wingman

Porkins' Wingman Can't touch this

Informative vid, but that Vans t-shirt is hurting my eyes :)

6. Silver51

Silver51 I cast flare!

Trying to keep the videos super simple for people who may have a camera but don't know how to use it. Photo licensing is a minefield. You technically hold copyright (at least in the UK) when you press the shutter release. If someone wants to use the image they have to contact you to negotiate licensing for use (but not ownership) of.

CC licenses mean people can freely use your images and put your name along side (attribute). The variations are to do with altering the image and using non-commercially and commercially.

However, if you upload that image to Flickr or the like, someone may just use it and chance you not prosecuting. Watermarking images, reducing image sizes and using a low DPI can help prevent this, not uploading images to the net will stop it altogether.

Also:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bar5W2g2n_k

Blame my sisters. I pretty much only wear Lowa.

7. CuriousGeorge

Thanks Silver51. Helpful as always. And yes, a minefield it is. See you in the trenches!

8. adoria

adoria What's a Dremel?

Such cool videos. Thanks Silver for sharing photo tutorial channel, that was exactly I was looking for.

9. tech45K

tech45K What's a Dremel?

This tutorial is really kick ass! I am loving it.

10. jaribecker123

jaribecker123 What's a Dremel?

Very Knowledgeable, Thanks

11. Archtronics

Archtronics Minimodder

Enjoyed the vid!