1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gaming Ubisoft shows off The Division's Snowdrop Engine

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Meanmotion, 20 Mar 2014.

1. Meanmotion

Meanmotion bleh Moderator

2. SimoomiZ

SimoomiZ What's a Dremel?

The Division gameplay looked absolutely incredible. So incredible in fact, people are questioning whether it was a 'target render' , aka 'bullshots' in motion.

3. XXAOSICXX

XXAOSICXX Minimodder

"Tom Clancy's The Division is a third-person tactical shooter RPG MMO"

*facepalm*

Just...no.

4. damien c

damien c Mad FPS Gamer

It looks good but I won't be buying it unless there is a beta or something so I can see how the 3rd person works as I generally don't like 3rd person games.

5. Skiddywinks

Skiddywinks Minimodder

Look up the Limit Theory update videos if you want to know anything else about this nodal based coding. Josh (the lone developer of LT) has raved about the benefits and has been using nodes for everything; AI, UI, research trees etc.

6. Dave Lister

Dave Lister Minimodder

Looks impressive.

7. r3loaded

r3loaded Minimodder

Small tip for bit-tech - please could you use YouTube's iframe embed code instead of directly using a Flash object? That way it'll use HTML5 for video by default. I'm unable to view the video on my iPad and had to go to my desktop to watch it.

8. mi1ez

mi1ez Modder

I didn't have the video on Chrome on my Windows machine either. Been an issue for a while...

9. LordPyrinc

LordPyrinc Legomaniac

Every time I try out a game that is 3rd person view I just get frustrated and disappointed. If you can play something like Skyrim in first person view, why the heck would you make a shooter game third person? It just doesn't make sense to me. It's disorienting and awkward. Give me a view down the sights of the gun and I'll play it. I don't want to be staring at the rear end of my character the whole time, blocking part of the field of view. I especially detest the main character being placed off center on some of these games. I've always felt that first person view is more immersive to the player and just feels more natural.

10. Stanley Tweedle

Stanley Tweedle NO VR NO PLAY

I also generally don't like 3rd person games but there have been exceptionss... the most recent Tomb Raider with massive in your face boobies and also a game from some years ago called Dark Sector. Actually Dark Sector looks very nice graphically even now. Dead Space was also a game I hated initially because of the 3rd person but when I actually went back and played it I liked it a lot.

The Division looks very good and I don't know why some are suggesting it's pre-rendered. Top game engines are certainly at this level and beyond.

11. Nexxo

Nexxo * Prefab Sprout – The King of Rock 'n' Roll

Works fine on my Surface RT... :D

/runs

12. AlienwareAndy

AlienwareAndy What's a Dremel?

Ain't gonna lie, that looks gorgeous.

13. GravitySmacked

GravitySmacked Mostly Harmless

I'm excited to see how this game turns out; it looks extremely promising!

14. SexyHyde

SexyHyde Minimodder

LOL

Had some trouble with Youtube on Chrome personally, and got friends who have had trouble with it on Firefox.

15. r3loaded

r3loaded Minimodder

Let me know when I can get apps for Digg Reader and Pocket on it (apps that are also available on my Nexus 4) :D

But yeah, I use Firefox on my Linux desktop and I have Flash installed but disabled because it runs like crap. Doesn't help that Adobe abandoned Linux on Flash 11 and only update it for security fixes. Hence I try to live a Flash-free existence.

Tags: Add Tags