1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Deleting WU when using VM

Discussion in 'bit-tech Folding Team' started by Keith_Whi, 30 Jun 2009.

1. Keith_Whi

Keith_Whi What's a Dremel?

Me again,

I'm having issues with one of my SMP clients ( not a big surprise that I know, now I remember why I stopped using the windows SMP!! :hehe:)

While running P2677 R38 C60 G18 it is consistently delivering the 'Client core communications ERROR 0x0' at varying percentages from 2-52%.

Reading around some suggest a lack of memory but I have the max for 32xp pro. Is this the case do you think?

What I would like to do is delete this WU and download another but it is not as simple as windows SMP was. I have deleted every file under the VM and it still picks it back up.

How can I delete this WU?

Many thanks,

Keith.

2. Christopher N. Lew

Christopher N. Lew Folding in memory of my father

I'm not clear which client you are using - is it Windows SMP or Linux SMP (Notfred's) in a virtual machine?

If you can finish the unit before changing things, that will be better from Stanford's point of view.

3. Keith_Whi

Apologies,

I thought it was clear in the title.

It is Notfred VM that I am using and I would like to finish the WU but it would appear I can't.

That is my issue.

Any ideas?

TY. :)

4. phoenicis

phoenicis Retired Chimp

We may have some confusion between overall system memory and amount you have allocated to the VM. Have you assigned more than the default under the VMPlayer troubleshoot/change memory allocation sub menu?

I experienced the same problem when set to default but all went OK when it was increased to 768MB.

5. Keith_Whi

Thanks Guys,

No, I haven't. DOH...

Will look in to it, any info/help will be appreciated.

TY,

:D

EDIT: Phoenicis, Have done that now and will let you know if I have any issues. Thanks again.