1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Project: U2-SLI (Project terminated for unseen reasons :( )

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by sc4mpi, 23 Jun 2005.

?

Pump and loop layout

1. keep the dual loops. and hope and pray they dont fail.

41.9%
  2. one BIG single loop. with the 2 pumps in series straight after each other

11.3%
  3. one BIG single loop. with the 2 pumps in parallel

30.6%
  4. one BIG single loop. with the 2 pumps at either ends of the loop.

16.1%
  1. sc4mpi

sc4mpi OG watercooler

Hello Again.

well after the problems i had with my last project and the lack of room. i decided to bite my tounge and get a U2-UFO, iv wanted one for years but never had the chance to get one. :D

This project is going to based on a Mountain Mods U2-UFO with a pretty mad dual loop 10mm Watercooling setup.
    It also is going to be equiped with SLI as the name suggests :D
    And will be my Main rig.

------------------------------------------------------------------
    Hardware - updated 15/7/05

Dfi Lan Party SLI-DR
    A64 4400+ x2 90nm Socket939
    2Gb OCZ pc3200 gold
    2xInno3d pci-e 6800gts
    2xSeagate 80gig S-ata (Raid 0)
    Seagate 200gb S-ata
    Nec- 3500 dvd-rw
    OCZ Powerstream 520 psu

------------------------------------------------------------------

Cooling (so far and coming)

2xinnovatek 12v HPPS Pump
    innovatek XX-Flow Cpu Block
    2x innovatek Coolmatic nv-40's
    innovatek Graph-o-matic (chipset)
    Thermochill 120.3
    Thermochill 120.1
    Black ice pro dual 120
    Black ice single 120
    3x Hd - o - matics
    2xAgb -o - matics

same hardware as was in the v1000 but this time its going BIG SCALE :p

And i want the project to be clean, cold , fun , cool :p

anyhows enough of that, this is what awaited me this morning :D

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Its a Mountain Mods U2-UFO original top, powercoated in black. and i haft to say its LUSH :D :D :D

Sc4mpi out....

Last edited: 22 Jul 2005
  2. endscape

endscape Minimodder

I love that case, I've been debating picking one up. Its a tossup between the U2, the Twice7, and a LL V2XXX.

Looking forward to seeing how you shove an H20 system into it, shouldn't be that hard considering all the space. I'm especially interested in how you keep it "clean," hiding wires and keeping the tubing organized and hidden in such a large and open case should be pretty challenging.

Cheers!

E

3. Pitbull

Pitbull What's a Dremel?

W0000t Nice man

4. TTmodder

TTmodder Hammertime

DAMN nice man

5. frodo

frodo What's a Dremel?

damn man, wish i had the powdercoated "new" version!

ive updated my thread (well i AM updating my thread) as it looks a WEE bit different now)

i must admit, powdercoating makes it look SOOOO nice!

6. dubdvd

dubdvd What's a Dremel?

i have myself one of these and im in the process of modding it as we spech ..at the moment ive a BIE3 in it with DD DV pump and swiftech cpu block on my AND FX55 and the DD SLI waterblocks for both of my BFG 6800GT's ive got a DFI NF4 SLI D mobo but found that the space between each card when the block are on is very tight so i went and got the ASUS A8N SLI which allows the blocks to fit in very nicely ..
    :D
    Its a great case to work with but watch out as the bay compartment can get very tight with dvd-rw's and fan controllers and so on will end up backing onto the hard drive bay and it gets a bit tight so maybe do what im doing and removing the harddrive bay completely and adding on to the 5 " bays instead ?????..for a while i had two loops set-up by using an modded AQUAGATE watercooling unit but it just couldnt handle the both cards using half inch tubing but now i plan on placing a single rad aswell with an emhiem pump for cooling the chipset as it is the loudest part of my system now and maybe i might also cool the memory aswell on the same loop ...
    anyhow i wish you the best of luck with your project and ill be tuning in each day to see how its going for you ...

Last edited: 24 Jun 2005
  7. sc4mpi

sc4mpi OG watercooler

dont worrie iv got some intresing plans for the w/c its got more rads than a house so i should be nice and cool :p

its got a
    Thermochill 120.3 3 left intakes.
    thermochill 120.1 front right intake.
    thermochill 120.2 on the bk.

No that makes 6 120mm worth of raddage :p 3 for cpu and chipset 3 for gfx, fair play :D

8. jopers1986

jopers1986 Minimodder

triple loop triple loop triple loop, you know it makes sence :D

9. frodo

frodo What's a Dremel?

actually it equals 6+2+4 not just 6, dont forget, fan per side of the rad :D

so 12 fans on rads :eek: thats nice, i could get up to 8 fans on rads, or 10 fans if i used the 120mm on the mobo tray, but im not going to

i know what dubdvd means, as it gets VERY tight with stuff going into the 5-1/2 bay, in mine they are getting close to the hdd area

i was thinking of moving my hdd's to the 5-1/2" area, but i cant, as ive got a dvd-rw, cd-rw and ive got to get a 2x40lcd in there, a floppy drive AND a 5-1/2" fan controller, im currently working on a piece of acrylic to house all 3 things

i like the sounds of your plan, as it means your going to be able to OC the cpu without affecting the GFX

im thinking of doing the same, but i dont know atm

i really need to find a new pump :( the l20 kicks out FAR too much heat (was alright when i had it infront of the 120mm fan :S)

10. frodo

frodo What's a Dremel?

triple loop doesnt really make much sense, seeing as its twice the tubing, and it would mean one part would have less cooling, as hes only got 1x 120:3, 1x 120:2, 1x 120:1

so it would mean 120:3 on cpu, 120:1 on 1 gpu 120:2 on another gpu? which is pointless as its loads more tubing, and im sure the pumps would add alot of heat in the case, and take up alot of space!

11. sc4mpi

sc4mpi OG watercooler

im probily not going to do a tripple. yet :cooldude:

dual is good enough if i was to do a tripple at some later date it would be , 120.3 gfx, 120.2 cpu , 120.1 hds and chipset, but as frodo said thats a hell of a lot more tubing. and its going to be tight as it is. with out trying to fit a 3rd res in and keep it all clean :)

12. frodo

frodo What's a Dremel?

Yeah, id like to see 3 aquatubes at the top (on a plexi panel) of the right hand side, sure would look kickass!

13. sc4mpi

sc4mpi OG watercooler

lol if i was to add a third loop i would use a dual floppy bay res and mount it in the hd rack. looking very doubt full now as i got most of the stuff in and actuly had a mosy around and thinking. its going to be tight. but it can be done :p

14. frodo

frodo What's a Dremel?

well, im reading and writing this in safemode, my pc is being a ******* and wont boot normally :(

i was trying to get my dual floppy bayres into the hdd area, with no avail :( it seems impossible (maybe on the newer versions its possible :S

good luck with your mod

15. sc4mpi

sc4mpi OG watercooler

u haft to sand down the sides.

16. sc4mpi

sc4mpi OG watercooler

hum... i just made a intresting find :) u can run 2x6800gts a 3500+ and a chipset all of a 120.1 rad :D .. i had to patch the system up to get some files off it quickly for work. and i only had the single rad in. and on a 120.1 the gts idea at 50- 51 and the cpu at 32, not bad for a single rad and push pull fans :D

17. jopers1986

jopers1986 Minimodder

yer i was getting at using one for HDDs, lots of tubes true, and 3 pumps :D all in a row, roffle

18. sc4mpi

sc4mpi OG watercooler

heat pfft not when it has 13 120mm fans lol. :p

19. sc4mpi

sc4mpi OG watercooler

nah.im not going to have 13,was only joking im not going to have push pull when its finshed.

there will be 9, all running on 5v so it should be quite quiet.

as for the pumps iv created a mounting plate out of plexi that the two pumps will sit on behind the front right rad.

iv opted out of a third loop as i dont have any harddrive blocks. or a third res or a third pump. and tbh the harddisks have 2 120mm fans to them selfs watercooling them as well would just a be a unecssary.

Last edited: 24 Jun 2005
  20. jopers1986

jopers1986 Minimodder

ahhhh since when has money been an object ;)

must say i'm dissapointed about the 20 cathodes tho