1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Displays Dell U2412M Good?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Modsbywoz, 29 Mar 2013.

1. Modsbywoz

Modsbywoz Multimodder

Just bought the CPC magazine (slightly disappointing but thats for another thread)

Recommended 24inch Monitor is the U2412M. Just wondered if anyone has had any experience with these? I would be buying 2 as I do a lot of development work on freelance. Anyone know what it's like for gaming? Apparently it was in Issue 105?

Any thoughts on which 24inch monitors are a good value/performance compromise? would like to keep to the 1920x1200 resolution.

2. RedFlames

RedFlames ...is not a Belgian football team

Yes, that's the 24" to buy

</thread>

3. EvilRusk

EvilRusk What's a Dremel?

I have one and I find it absolutely fine for FPS gaming. The colour quality is so much better than my old TN panel samsung.

4. GoodBytes

GoodBytes How many wifi's does it have?

I had it on my desk very nice monitor. Unbeatable for the price, in my opinion.
    If you have the budget, the better models is the U2410 and the U2413, check them out. U2410 uses high grade CFL for a really good white (an issue that white LED back light is unable to provide), lots of inputs, color processor and a true 8-bit panel. Also comes with 2 manufacture pre-color calibrated profile: Adobe RGB and sRGB profiles on the monitor ready to be selected. The U2413 which replaces the U2410, is similar. Less inputs, but uses a new less aggressive anti-glare coating which avoid reflection almost just as good (the U2412 uses that same new coating technology), and also, uses a new back light technology called GB-LED, where you have green and blue LED's put very close together with a layer of red phosphor to out out a nice white.. a hint on the green side, but you can still consider is as white, and doesn't really affect your colors as white LED does. Ideal RGB-LED would be best solution but that technology is still too expensive for the consumer market. Already GB-LED is expensive as it is.

5. KidMod-Southpaw

KidMod-Southpaw Super Spamming Saiyan

Yep, best 24" panel for that kind of money.

I would however, echo Goodbytes and save up for one of the other 2 panels, and get a second one further down the line.

6. YEHBABY

YEHBABY RIP Tel

Got one and its a great monitor for the price.

7. okenobi

okenobi What's a Dremel?

^^

I have the 23 and it's lovely.

8. adidan

adidan Guesswork is still work

Good for bf3 yehbaby? Been looking at a good value for money 24" upgrade and this has been top of my list so far.

9. YEHBABY

YEHBABY RIP Tel

I've not noticed any input lag or ghosting.

10. stormbringer500

stormbringer500 What's a Dremel?

I've had mine a few months, and is lovely great picture and good for gaming.

11. Modsbywoz

Modsbywoz Multimodder

I currently have a U2207WPF and i have yet to see a monitor match it for image quality / colour vibrance. I hope this hit's the mark. Will make the purchase and review soon.

12. MightyBenihana

MightyBenihana Do or do not, there is no try

I've got one of these and it's the best upgrade I have made in a long time. No lag, great colour. However if it is for professional work one of the others that Goodbytes mentioned would be better but not by to far.

Last edited: 30 Mar 2013
  13. hamza_tm

hamza_tm Modder

This is all you need tbh, the U2410 and 2413 would really be overkill for the use you've listed.

14. jimmyjj

jimmyjj Minimodder

I have one, it's beautiful.

One of my better purchases.