1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Case Mod - In Progress PROJECT BIOWASTE

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by SpreadTheBlood, 8 Feb 2015.

1. SpreadTheBlood

SpreadTheBlood What's a Dremel?

So after witnessing the work of Bill Owen, color me inspired. haha. Im going to be working on a new rig with a nuclear/post apo theme..current rig is blue..time for a green rig :p I'm using a Corsair Vengeance C70 to build off of, and the paint is currently drying for me to recoat tomorrow. I was thinking about using a combo of blacklight cold cathodes with some green LED fans..but Im not sure if the green will wash out the cold cathodes and render it useless. I just want it to light up my uv green coolant up. Anybody have experience with this combo that can say if it worked or not? Thanks!

This is my first modded rig..little bit nervous. :worried:

Scroll down to see the first build update!

Specs:
    Case: Corsair Vengeance C70 (Black)
    Board: Gigabyte Z97x
    Processor: Intel i5-4690k
    Graphics: Gigabyte Windforce R9 280x (3gb)
    RAM: 16 gb Crucial Ballistix

-SpreadTheBlood

Last edited: 13 Feb 2015
  2. Nexxo

Nexxo * Prefab Sprout – The King of Rock 'n' Roll

Will work fine --UV light packs a lot of energy.

3. SpreadTheBlood

and so it begins..

I was debating documenting this build because as its my first build...I wasn't sure how it'd turn out. After paint, I'm quite happy with the results so..here it goes! I'm sure paint doesn't totally count as a case mod, but that's where this build is gonna be...for now ;)

I hit the interior of the Corsair Vengeance C70 with a semi gloss white. This should really help my lights shine..and it accents the motherboard quite well. The case started as the black case, and I know they sell a military green but I'll be using some of the black accents on the case..so I did the green myself.

Also did a design on the side, I think it turned out decent :clap:
    [​IMG]

annnnd a shot of the interior...water cooling soon.

[​IMG]

Specs:
    Case: Corsair Vengeance C70 (Black)
    Board: Gigabyte Z97x
    Processor: Intel i5-4690k
    Graphics: Gigabyte Windforce R9 280x (3gb)
    RAM: 16 gb Crucial Ballistix

I'll be doing some work with the water cooling tomorrow and I'll try to update then. I kind of want to do something with a skull and a resevoir on the front of the case but haven't drawn any ideqs as of yet..if anyone has any suggestions feel free to say them! Right now Im thinking at least to mount a tube reservoir on the front, and run the water all over the case..maybe underneath then up through the bottom then through the top and a full wrap around (outside the case) Not sure where a skull would come into play though.

That's all for now!

-SpreadTheBlood

4. SpreadTheBlood

CANISTER MOUNTED AND LOOPS RAN!

UPDATE​

I've officially mounted the reservoir on the front of the case and ran the tubing!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I had to cut a hole into the bottom of the case for the tube to run through..being that the tube enters and exits the case :dremel:

Next step..

Leak testing!

Note: I swapped the canister around to wrap the tubing around the case..pictures later for that.

Quick fact: Not only is this my first custom build..its also my first water cooling installation...and water cooled rig!

[​IMG]

5. SpreadTheBlood

GREEN LIQUID ADDED

UPDATE

Ive added the green (uv reactive) dye into my cooling system! Unfortunately, I didn't purchase enough dye..didn't read the bottle well enough :wallbash: ah well..I ordered some more and it's on its way. :thumb:
    It's a little clear right now, but when it's packing the proper amount of dye it'll be a lot more solid and glow way better under blacklights!

FRONT SHOT
    [​IMG]

SIDE SHOT

Here you can see how I have the tubing exiting the case and cycling back to the reservoir.

[​IMG]

COMPLETED LIGHTING

I also finished all of the lighting! It's a good mix using the red from the board, green led fans, and 4 blacklight cold cathodes, two of them are up front with the reservoir..2 by the board to light my tubing.

[​IMG]

I'd like to get a custom grill for my Apogee XL but I have no idea where I could get it done..

and finally...

NIGHT TIME SHOTS

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I still feel like there's something else I can do before I call this build complete..but for now, there she is! If anyone has any info on where to get a custom grill for the Apogee xl Id appreciate, as well if anyone has suggestions on what to add or how I can better the build :D

-SpreadTheBlood