1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The joys of Folding (Hardware Failures!)

Discussion in 'bit-tech Folding Team' started by DocJonz, 4 May 2015.

1. DocJonz

DocJonz Another CPC refugee .....

Not having a good streak at the moment - the Opteron is out of action with a faulty PSU, and yesterday one of my GTX 780's fried its power circuitry. What with that and trying to get nVidia drivers to run Maxwell cards in Linux after each kernel update - I've never had so much fun :duh: :lol:

2. DocJonz

DocJonz Another CPC refugee .....

Operton now fixed and back in action (finally), and the GTX 780 was RMA'd and came back as a brand new GTX 970 SSC - can't complain about that in terms of Folding :thumb:

3. Scorpuk

Scorpuk Minimodder

They certainly are fun times.

Glad you got everything going again and yer producing quite a bit of ppd. New equipment?

Finally got the second PSU replacement and started folding again on the opteron. Still hurts the ppd I get from it compared to the BA days. :waah:

Also think I lost my HD7970, which is unfortunately out of warranty by a month. :wallbash:
    Need to check it out, but not had time.

Don't know when I'll buy more 970's as I'm looking at a new 55" 4k TV :eyebrow:

But restarted my Titans too, so getting about 1m PPD. Will be a little while before my average goes back up though. :p

4. Tattysnuc

Tattysnuc Thinking about which mod to do 1st.

responded to wrong thread. Apols Doc!

Last edited: 5 Jun 2015
  5. Tattysnuc

deleted

6. Tattysnuc

deleted also. You'd have thought by now I'd have learnt how to read and write.... Doh!