1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Watercooling Will this work?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by slaw, 16 Nov 2010.

1. slaw

slaw At Argos buying "gold"

Hi Guys

I am planning on watercooling my PC. At the moment, I have a i7 920 which is at 1.325 v and I will be adding a GTX 480. I currently have a 320 black ice stealth and an old 120 radiator which is only slightly thicker. Now will this cool the CPU and graphics card? I am not looking to overclock the graphics card rather I would like to keep it quiet!

Thanks

2. bulldogjeff

bulldogjeff The modding head is firmly back on.

Dont worry about the old 120mm rad the 320 will be plenty to keep it all under control.

3. slaw

Wow, thats a quick reply!!

thanks. i wasnt looking forward to trying to get it all in the case!

4. Blarte

Blarte Moderate Modder

Yes should do.
    I have a Q6850extreme, a fully water blocked 790i Ultra and 2 x 295's in one loop through 2 x 360 GT Stealth Rads
    I presumed you meant 360 not 320?

Anyhow Temps are fine

5. slaw

Haha, yes i mean 360.

its all go on this thread this morning! and thanks. i guess that 1 360 rad should be ok then

6. slaw

Hi

Just another quick question. Do you know if the GT stealth uses m3 or m4 screws? and what length shoudl i get?

thanks once again

7. Boscoe

Boscoe Electronics extraordinaire.

Don't know about the thread size but they should be just long enough to go through the metal it's screwed into but no more! So I couldn't be more help but just measure how thick the fan is and then how thick the metal is and add them together! that should give you a good idea.

8. bulldogjeff

bulldogjeff The modding head is firmly back on.

I didn't even notice and typed 320 as well:duh: think i need a cup of coffee to wake myself up

9. Blarte

Blarte Moderate Modder

M3 I think however I have buggered about with mine in several cases I have had to re thread them in m5 now.
    I think I might have a pristine rad in the garage still .. I'll check the thread tonight if I get time

10. digitaldunc

digitaldunc What's a Dremel?

IDK about that -- originally I was running my CPU and NB on a 360 stealth and was getting results comparable to a good HSF (Wasn't happy with temps over 4Ghz with no HT.)

Obviously YMMV as you may get further on lower voltage than me (This chip isn't a fantastic clocker), but you're throwing a 480 into the mix as well.

Depends on the clocks you want to hit.

Did I mention YMMV? :p