1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Software Image software

Discussion in 'Photography, Art & Design' started by Lloydus, 15 Nov 2012.

1. Lloydus

Lloydus What's a Dremel?

Hi,

Been out of the game for a while.

I use to your photoshop then tried lightroom which I loved for the speed and ease of use but this was many years ago.

what are the best at the moment? Also I need a good photo organising software any suggestions?

2. djzic

djzic Bokehlicious!

Lightroom is great for RAWs. Photoshop obviously is better for more in-depth editing (such as removing stray hair, etc).

3. Lovah

Lovah Apple and Canon fanboy

I like aperture for organising and quick easy post processing.
    For anything decent I always go back to photoshop though.

4. Kovoet

Kovoet What's a Dremel?

New CS 6 is brilliant also there is so many plugins. For photos use alien software.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

5. Atomic

Atomic Gerwaff

6. supermonkey

supermonkey Deal with it

That's a loaded question, really. Best for what? What do you want to do with the software? What do you want the software to do for you? Are you touching up photographs, creating graphic designs, drawing, illustrating, or a little of everything? Are you just looking for something to organize, or do you also plan to edit photos?

I could recommend Photoshop all day long. It's a great, full-featured program that is capable of doing so much that most people don't use half of it. It's also very expensive (I presume we're all recommending legal options, right?). If all you're doing is casual photo editing, Photoshop Elements (or any of the similar other programs) may be fine. There are also free programs such as GIMP and Paint.net, and both can do quite a bit if you apply a little time and skill.

7. whisperwolf

whisperwolf What's a Dremel?

I've not used the full photoshop for photographs since I found a mod to add layer masks to element 7, and now elements has layer masks natively. Elements combined with lightroom, especially since adobe pretty much knocked half the prince of lightroom when they went to version 4, makes a really good catalogue, raw editor and pixel editor suite. suits me fine

8. Silent_Raider

Silent_Raider What's a Dremel?

I use Lightroom for importing/organizing RAW files and doing some tweaks. If I need to process, I like OnOne Photo Suite 7. It has a lot of the functionality of Photoshop, but in a much easier layout.

9. TheBlackSwordsMan

TheBlackSwordsMan Over the Hills and Far Away

I use Lightroom 4 for the moment, I really like it.
    Snapseed for Iphone.

10. RinSewand

RinSewand What's a Dremel?