1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Razer outs Project Christine concept PC

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Gareth Halfacree, 8 Jan 2014.

1. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

2. Combatus

Combatus Bit-tech Modding + hardware reviews Lover of bit-tech Super Moderator

Hmm, a bit like a Level 10, and we all know how they went down :D

3. r3loaded

r3loaded Minimodder

The immersion oil cooling bit is what really interests me more than anything else. Anything that makes liquid cooling easier to do is worthy of interest.

4. greigaitken

greigaitken Minimodder

This looks like it will appeal to rich beginners.
    Aren't they the guys who get high end custom rigs built for them anyway.

5. phuzz

phuzz This is a title

An all in one watercooling system is pretty damn easy to fit already. Certainly easier than many bits of flat pack furniture I've put together.

6. DriftCarl

DriftCarl Minimodder

I have never done watercooling, and have been building my own PC's for 15 years.
    This does sound cool, just get the latest gfx card module from NVidia/AMD that Razor would produce and plug it in.
    I would still prefer to build my own pc though anyway so I won't be getting one.

7. Woodspoon

Woodspoon What's a Dremel?

"could allow consumers to never buy another PC, or gaming system, again"
    Yeah, heard that more than one or two times before.

8. Corky42

Corky42 Where's walle?

Leaving the CPU in the main tower kinda makes the rest of the system pointless, or is it aimed at people that can't replace a graphics card or HDD/SSD, maybe some would struggle if the had to replace a PSU ?

9. Cheapskate

Cheapskate Insane? or just stupid?

So... Proprietary everything?
    Wow, not even Dell has tried that.
    This will look so good next to my $10,000 ashtray/mac.:lol:
    -Comes with Razer's legendary QC.

10. SAimNE

SAimNE What's a Dremel?

this looks so epic i'd probably have to buy it despite it's insane price. also there was an interesting tidbit of subscription based parts that was being considered by linustechtips that i thought would be awesome.

not to mention the idea of a system with mineral cooling that would be warranty supported is absolutely amazing to me.... it has the looks, the performance, and innovation..... now all we can hope is they dont f it up somehow because they have every chance to in this situation XD

11. SAimNE

SAimNE What's a Dremel?

they havent given word about whether or not other people will be able to make the cartridges for it. chances are if it has high demand they will allow most of the proven manufacturers to make and design parts for it..... plus it's a gem for advertising... your logo would be seen by any and all that looked at the system with the current design.

12. SAimNE

SAimNE What's a Dremel?

i think the main point would be the mineral oil cooling system. also while it's easy to trade the cards, this also includes slapping in a card with a high grade cooling system in all of about 30 fricken seconds and half of that is taking the card out of the box.

13. AlienwareAndy

AlienwareAndy What's a Dremel?

From the research I've done on oil cooling it's really not very good, unless you are looking for absolutely no noise.

I'm really not sure why Razer seem hell bent on spending so much money on stuff that ends up so expensive hardly any one can afford it.

14. CowBlazed

CowBlazed What's a Dremel?

I'll go out on a limb here and say it's because they can. Also publicity. Having projects like this puts their brand in the public eye and average Joe is more likely to buy one of their cheaper peripherals.

15. iggy

iggy Minimodder

you have just described console users.

16. SAimNE

SAimNE What's a Dremel?

oil coolings only draw back was that the heat built up due to the fact that when you drop a mobo in the oil you cant really make sure all the oil flows properly to distribute heat. thus you had heat building up in the dead spots. by the looks of this design each module will have flow going through and if they are properly designed to allow proper flow then there is no longer any drawback

17. ModSquid

ModSquid Multimodder

How do you "slot in" to any liquid cooled system? That would suggest some ingeniously-valved connectors.

18. ArcAngeL

ArcAngeL What's a Dremel?

i wonder if the project manager had a ex gf named Christine, who liked multiple inserts from both sides?

19. forum_user

forum_user forum_title

Not only does it look incredibly sexy, maybe it would suit my future PC gaming needs. I have my fingers crossed for Razer!

20. Nexxo

Nexxo * Prefab Sprout – The King of Rock 'n' Roll

They're called no-spill couplings. They've been on the market for some time, mainly for industrial applications although they are starting to appear on the PC water cooling scene. They're really good for external cooling rigs.

Last edited: 9 Jan 2014