1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Modding My mod blog (updated regularly)

Discussion in 'Modding' started by Djayness, 5 Jul 2010.

1. Djayness

Djayness phwupupupup

I have been doing quite a few mods for other people over the last few years and they tend to end up here there and everywhere. Chances are that you might just stumble upon my work on various forums and blogs around the place.

However, there is no chance that you will stumble upon all of my work unless you are my friend on facebook and since thats a pretty restrictive medium, I have decided to post my work here, in this thread, for all to see.

So every now and then I will post what I have done with photos and videos from youtube, I come to bittech often even if I dont post that much, I am more of an observer.

I have no problems answering questions or offering advice in relation to how I do certain things so feel free to ask :)

The Navig Station

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

This was a small bit made for an EVGA motherboard for a Mod originally started by Navig. The mod has enough room for five LED's to light up the motherboard. A fun little job which comprised of a 10mm thick acrylic component and a few 3mm plexi pieces.

Tube Reducers

[​IMG]
    I recently did some tube reducers for a modder in Australia and I was fine with my first attempt but thought I could do better.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    This ended up being the final product :p

This is the youtube video of both those mods, be sure to check it out!

[​IMG]
    Until then, peace :)

2. Djayness

Djayness phwupupupup

I was approached by a Swedish modder to do some panel work. Fairly straight forward and alot of fun :)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Its really surprising to see how much an extra 1.5mm will do. I usually do panels in 3mm but the 4.5mm one was really quite a sight. The cut took an hour with the pocket engrave running a 10000rpm 1000mm/min run through the acrylic.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. disturbed13

disturbed13 What's a Dremel?

cool
    cant wait to see more

4. Combatus

Combatus Bit-tech Modding + hardware reviews Lover of bit-tech Super Moderator

Awesome stuff, loved the vids!

5. Djayness

Djayness phwupupupup

Thanks Combatus :)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Had an order for a replacement fan hole for a lianli in construction grade aluminium.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Meanwhile, I made a sign.

[​IMG]
    And....my inbox filled up in a leet way :p (mostly forum updates, youtube and facebook).

6. confusis

confusis Kiwi-modder

Beautiful work! If only I had the $$ to get you to do a case for project O² :/

7. motas

motas What's a Dremel?

So what happened to venom? I know chemical didnt want it but another person took over didnt he?

8. Djayness

Djayness phwupupupup

Someone took over but they didnt do anything with it as far as I know.

9. motas

motas What's a Dremel?

Oh I thought you were continuing it for him. That was looking good to. Wow you have alot of emails. How do you find anything in there?

10. Djayness

Djayness phwupupupup

Tags and filters, works wonders.

11. motas

motas What's a Dremel?

Any progress on the cads? Also can you make the psi covers or should I just buy them? Laser cutters finally got back to me but now waiting on the invoice to pay them (thought giving them money would be the fast bit lol) so shouldnt be too long and Itll be ready for you. Also wheres your factory located?

12. Djayness

Djayness phwupupupup

I will send it through tomorrow and I am located in Brisbane.

Showreel is up for mid 2010!

13. motas

motas What's a Dremel?

Sorry I meant what suburb. Dads business has a warehouse /offices up there and gets things shipped there all the time. If they are close I could organise free shipping. Dam slow internet. Cant watch videos.

14. Djayness

Djayness phwupupupup

New Farm in Brisbane. Its right next to the city center.

15. motas

motas What's a Dremel?

Ok. I think the factorys in the outskirts a bit. Might not even need to. Can you mill one end at a time. So do the triangle with the square sticking out the side and the vice versa?

16. motas

motas What's a Dremel?

anywhere near Staplyton QLD, 4207? I can get it delivered there for free or nearly free but will have to organise getting it to you. If you can actually do it that is.

17. bushi

bushi What's a Dremel?

Hey mate, where do you usually get your acryllic from? And how much is it roughly?

Also where do you get your metal too?

Ta.

18. motas

motas What's a Dremel?

Last time I heard he gets small pieces and coloured pieces from gammods (prices on website). Larger pieces he gets from a different supplier who only supplies to trade and prices would vary but its fairly cheap.

19. Djayness

Djayness phwupupupup

There are several acrylic suppliers in Brisbane and several metal suppliers too. I often use mulfords plastics for acrylic and langfords metal industry for aluminium.

20. bushi

bushi What's a Dremel?

Ah sweet thanks.

Is motas right, or do you think they might sell to me for just a once of kinda thing?