1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Got a folding farm?

Discussion in 'bit-tech Folding Team' started by Lizard, 24 Jul 2009.

1. Lizard

Lizard @ Scan R&D

Hi team

I'm currently putting together the online version of the 'folding hardware' feature that I wrote a few months ago in Custom PC.

In this article there will be an opportunity to show off some contributor's farms, so if you have any photos of your farm I'd be interested in including them in the feature.

2. broadcaststorm

broadcaststorm Folding for 35947!

...just as I was taking photos of my "folding allotment" to put on a thread I was going to call "Show us your folding kit"...
    Will post mine later!

3. chin913

chin913 忍び So say we all

Oh cool I love taking photos

4. VinnyVortex

VinnyVortex Back in the game!

Once I have all my new folding rigs setup, I'll take some snaps!

5. saspro

saspro IT monkey

Yes I have a farm (as you know). In the process of rack mounting it ATM as it's just move office.

I'll email you some pics

6. Lizard

Lizard @ Scan R&D

Cheers guys, as saspro has reminded me, if any of you don't have access to an image hosting/file uploading service you can email your photos direct to me at 'james at custom pc dot co dot uk'.

7. Vince_Kinslow

Vince_Kinslow Folding Millionaire

Not really got a folding farm more like an allottment :hehe:

8. broadcaststorm

I knew I'd stolen that phrase from somewhere!
    Credit to Mr Kinslow!

9. coolamasta

coolamasta Folding@Home CC Captain 2010/11/12

Cool, will take some pics next week.

Are you after pics of all the rigs together ideally or are pics of the separate rigs ok?

Just as my main 6 rigs are spread out a bit thats all :)

10. Lizard

Lizard @ Scan R&D

Ideally all together as it will look much more impressive to the non-folding layman the article is designed to encourage to start folding.

11. JackOfAll

JackOfAll What's a Dremel?

I'll have to try and fit "Weapon" and the new "Brother of Weapon" into a single picture. (If 120K PPD from two machines qualifies as a farm. ;))

12. coolamasta

I can Prob do pics of 2 main rigs at home together and 2 mains rigs at work together but other 2 are rack mounted along with work servers, will stick up what I got anyway and you can use whatever you want :)

:jawdrop::jawdrop::jawdrop::jawdrop:

Awesome work Clive, that is dammmmmm good going getting 60k a rig! :thumb::thumb:

13. JackOfAll

Weapon is 50K PPD. It's new brother is 70K+ PPD and looks like it will take back the record for a single folding machine from the Russians! But it's not actually connected to the net yet and allowed to return results. (My overclock on the single PCB GTX295's was perhaps with hindsight a little ambitious, so I'm still working on it. ;)) Once it's rock solid stable for 48 hours, I'll plug a network cable back in and let it go. No sense risking corrupted WU's being returned whilst I'm still figuring out the max stable overclocks.

Last edited: 25 Jul 2009
  14. coolamasta

Much respect mate :thumb: 70k from 1 rig is nuts, hope you find a good stable overclock and get this thing churning out some serious work units!

I will await some pics of said beast :naughty: :thumb:

15. JackOfAll

I'll take a couple on Monday and start a new photo album for "Brother". I started an album for "Weapon". Just tech specs and a couple of pics for the moment. I've another 25 pics or so, but they need a bit of Photoshop manipulation - resizing, sharpening, etc. etc. I'll get around to that next week and upload them. (Although it looks like the web album code is lowering the quality of the images. They're much smaller (in KB) and not as sharp as I think they were prior to upload.)

Lizard, if you want any higher quality pictures than those I've uploaded (and will upload next week), can do. Although, of course I understand that it's not strictly a farm! ;)

16. C-Sniper

C-Sniper Stop Trolling this space Ądmins!

If by folding farm you mean 1 dedicated linux box then yes :p

17. spt

spt What's a Dremel?

Are we really going to encourage people by showing them farms? Surely better pics are single machines producing well, suggests its not as expensive, show someone a farm producing huge ppd and people are going to think we are nuts!!!

Only my 2p's worth mind :) I know I joined not for farms, but because I had access and control over a good number of computers.

18. JackOfAll

1 dedicated linux box ..... You know that old saying about a bird in the hand? A dedicated linux box - same thing really. 2 dedicated linux boxes - that's the bird in the hand, the whole hedgerow and everything that resides in it! :D <runs and hides>

19. JackOfAll

Hang around here long enough and there's only one conclusion. We are nuts!

20. broadcaststorm

Agreed!
    :lol: