1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Players sue Blizzard for data hacks

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by brumgrunt, 12 Nov 2012.

1. brumgrunt

brumgrunt What's a Dremel?

2. Mraedis

Mraedis Minimodder

You seem to have missed a slash there with the italics.

3. dyzophoria

dyzophoria Minimodder

lol, security breache"s"? from what I remember blizzard only had one... this year. clearly we have 2 disgruntled wow players here who Im guessing lost some items on their characters lol , don't get me wrong, I don't like the online nature of blizzard games nowadays (yet still I play them), but "OBVIOUS" idiots are obvious

4. Griffter

Griffter What's a Dremel?

these guys seem to be diablo players, they said non-mmo games, which rules out WoW.. so either starcraft 2 or diablo. 99% they diablo players. grumpy of how crap the game is me thinks :) IMHO

5. Draksis

Draksis What's a Dremel?

Due to the fact that this stems from thier accounts getting hacked - I don't think the gold farmers are interested in screwing with your SC2 ranking - so ya D3 items + gold lost. So these retards think they can rage sue Blizzard?!

Life sucks, wear a helmet!

6. leexgx

leexgx CPC hang out zone (i Fix pcs i do )

the authenticator can be used for free if you have an iPhone android or windows phone,

the device costs them money as well , I am quite sure they have made more money from monthly wow accounts then the one off authenticator device

I agree with Blizzard here the security breach has nothing to do with the auth devices

7. Kiytan

Kiytan Shiny

according to the RockPaperShotgun article about this story, there was some rumors that during the attacks they suffered the smartphone authenticators may have been "compromised". It also still amazes me that blizzard games have passwords that aren't case sensitive (at least certainly not for Diablo III, not too sure about other games)

Having said all of that, it's still a rubbish law suit and blizzard have more than enough money to throw at it to beat it.

8. Shirty

Shirty W*nker! Super Moderator

Shouldn't players be suing Blizzard for not releasing a spiritual sequel to Diablo 2? :naughty:

9. Griffter

Griffter What's a Dremel?

i play SC2 and that also is not case sensitive. i also thought that was actually very crappy thing from them not to do if they doing everything possible to ensure security.

10. knuck

knuck Hate your face

I still havent tried to recover my account with sc2 and d3 on it. I'm so lazy it's pathetic lol

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Tags: Add Tags