1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Case Mod - In Progress Aquila Impact 6 (Ai6)

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by montymole, 1 Feb 2014.

1. montymole

montymole Rigid Tubist

Hi Everyone just thought i would show some pics and see if anyone is interested in how this build/ mod goes.

The Case is a Xigmatek Aquila same interior as the AeroCool Dead Silence

This Build is really about a compact fast and silent gaming machine that will look the part on my desk keeping the colors Red , Black , White with a hint of Silver/Nickel.

I Have taken out all the HDD cages and made space for 180mm radiator and will cover the area with the PSU with some acrylic and also make a floor panel to hide the wires as the windows will be large on both sides want to keep exposed wires to a minimum even with the braiding rather be minimalist.

[​IMG]

Hardware
    M/B: Asus Maximus VI Impact with EK full cover block
    CPU: i5 4670K
    Ram: 8 Gb Corsair Vengance 2133 with EK Block
    PSU: Enermax Revolution XT 730W
    GFX: Nvidia GTX 670 SFF unless something better happens then this will do for 1080 p gaming

Corsair GS 128Gb enough for the few games i am playing or maybe get something bigger ???

Cooling
    Enermax Cluster White LED Fans
    AlphaCool LightTower Res
    AlphaCool 180mm Rad
    Coolgate 240mm rad
    EK 670 GTX block
    26 various EK Nickel Fittings 13/10mm
    EK Ram Block
    EK 4.0 DCP Pump
    Lamptron FC5 Controller

The Case will be done with Asus ROG colors scheme and have a nice white and red lighting inside and out.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Took out the Drive cages.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Enermax Cluster fans
    [​IMG]

Checking we got space for the pump/res
    [​IMG]

Got an idea of how the loop will run
    [​IMG]

The Mesh now In Rosso Red
    [​IMG]

ROG Badge From the south bridge on Maximus VI Gene

[​IMG]

Some EK Stuff nice and small
    [​IMG]

Windows cut taken from a donor case as the white AeroCool DS will have full Acrylic windows but thats a job for the future

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The Side panels will be red like the mesh with the Ai6 logo on them when i design it.

Not happy with the side panels to much red on the outside of the case they are getting rubbed down and re done in black

I now have the Motherboard and have installed the EK Mi6 block lots of pics here
    https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.605566792853077.1073741834.100001992846813&type=1

[​IMG][/URL]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Have got some cables to braid and hide a few more of them so only the stuff the is coming from the motherboard can be seen the White Akasa Vegas strips are very bright and everything is exposed both sides i am still in 2 minds about having full acrylic windows both sides going to cut them and see how i feel about them will have the loop filled later today and now really need to design the Ai6 logo something i have no idea about ouch

Thats all for now folks

Last edited: 13 Feb 2014
  2. montymole

montymole Rigid Tubist

Both Side panels are now from a donor case and will look a little different over the weekend if any one wants to see what happens

Last edited: 7 Feb 2014
  3. Ace_finland

Ace_finland Minimodder

looks like a good start montymole. Have not seen this case before. Good luck :)

montymole likes this.
  4. montymole

montymole Rigid Tubist

Thanks Ace Finland its nice compact case with ample room to get at least 2 radiators inside i will be making some feet for the back of it to level it out as i don't like the slant the case has.