1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Faulty monitor

Discussion in 'CCL Computers' started by Ulti, 9 Jul 2012.

1. Ulti

Ulti Poor student

Hi CCL,

I bought a monitor in around April but I've only just found out that the HDMI is faulty (I'm afraid I didn't check before when I received it).

When I got on the phone to call tech support, they forwarded me to Asus, who after trying to help me troubleshoot the problem, decided that it was a monitor fault. They offered to replace it for me, however, apparently they do not have stock. The monitor in question is the Asus VS239H.

I bought the monitor specifically as it was IPS and had an HDMI port that I knew I would be using to connect my PS3 up. However, I bought the monitor during exam period so I didn't have time to game on my PS3. Is there anything you guys can do or do I have to wait until Asus receive stock? It was specifically to play one game on the PS3, and I've even kept the sticker on the bezel because I knew that after I finished playing that game, I would sell the monitor and my PS3. I've since bought another monitor and had this monitor in storage as well and my PS3 is just gathering dust as I don't like playing in the living room on the TV.

Or would it be possible to perhaps return the faulty monitor for a refund? The monitor also has 2 stuck pixels when I received it, but I figured it wasn't worth the hassle of returning it, plus I wasn't even sure if I could return it. Almost forgot about them as I haven't used the monitor since June, was going to use it solely to play PS3 whilst using my current monitor connected to the PC. Now that I think about it, I'm not really happy with the monitor itself. I understand this is not a fault of you guys at CCL though and that it lies with the manufacturer, Asus.

Would be great to receive some help.

Many thanks,
    David

Last edited: 9 Jul 2012
  2. Dan @ CCL

Dan @ CCL What's a Dremel?

Hi David,

Generally, we would only offer a refund within the first 30 days of purchase, and outside of that window it would be an exchange. As the monitor in question is out of stock though, it could take time for a replacement. The best thing I could suggest would be to ring our returns team on 01274 471205 as the final decision is up to them.

3. Ulti

Ulti Poor student

Thanks for the reply Dan. Called up the returns team but they said that they can't give me a new replacement nor can they refund. They said if I returned it to you guys at CCL, it would probably take longer as it's only adding more links into the chain.

Sucks, as I notice the stuck pixels on a black screen as games tend to have black screens quite often but they said I can only return a monitor if it has 10+ dead/stuck pixels on a 23" monitor. It was fine as a desktop monitor but for the purpose I bought it for it seems I've been really unlucky. Guess I'll just play on the TV in the living room and wait till Asus gets new stock then I'll sell the replacement at a loss somewhere. Unfortunately being a student means I can't afford to buy another monitor as I've already got two. Buying a monitor 2 months in advance wasn't a good idea in hindsight.