1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Graphics 550Ti Waterblocks?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by .//TuNdRa, 13 Mar 2012.

1. .//TuNdRa

.//TuNdRa Resident Bulldozer Guru

Now I know full well that I can just get a core-block, but that'd mean ruining the lovely sleek look of these cards, plus the VRM's need some love too. What i@m more interested in is the card-layout. These GPU's are basically 560Ti's with a 550Ti whacked in there instead (Hence the pointless clocking.)

I'd peeled the heatsinks off both cards earlier, figured I'd take pictures while I was at it, but then it struck me as to just how similar this looks to the 560Ti White Edition that KFA2 also makes.
    [​IMG]

Do you think it would be worth sending in the images to somewhere like EKWB to see if they have any blocks that would fit the cards? (plus it means they might finally update the cooling configurator.)

2. MrDomRocks

MrDomRocks Modder

Might be worth a try sucks that they don't already do one.

3. feathers

feathers Minimodder

U dont need a full cover waterblock for those GPU. The EK VGA block will suffice because the original heatsinks only directly cool the GPU core. That is the setup I have for my 2 x 560Ti. The mosfets are cooled by a 120mm fan blowing from the side.

Full cover blocks would be a waste of money on these GPU. VGA blocks inexpensive and get the job done here.

Last edited: 13 Mar 2012