1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Graphics Quest for a solution.

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by %JEEX, 8 Jul 2004.

1. %JEEX

%JEEX What's a Dremel?

I am still looking for a method/way to fix my AGP issue. Full details can be found here. http://forums.bit-tech.net/showthread.php?t=62432

I have tried another method. I uninstalled the ATi drivers for my gfx card, and then installed my AGP drivers. Which resulting in the picture below.

[​IMG]

What is my computers problem!!! :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash:

2. Twunka

Twunka What's a Dremel?

is anything overclocked or anything also check the fan. another thing to do is use ATItool and check for artifacts

3. Kameleon

Kameleon is watching you...

That looks to me like it could be memory dump leaking into your display buffer, can you try different RAM?

Or it could be the GART drivers, get every latest driver you can possibly find for your board (do SiS do a unified driver pack?) and try them...

4. %JEEX

%JEEX What's a Dremel?

i have tried every AGP driver. You know what i think, it might be the ATi drivers in co-opereration with the SiS AGP, because:

When i installed the 4.7 cata drivers, and then installed the AGP drivers, the computer would reboot. I thought wow, this might have fixed the problem, but of corse it did not. The windows loading screen (the one with that blue bar) was a brown, organge colour, and the screen was unreadable. So i thought that because of ATi's updated drivers, my computer was able to get passed the booting up sequance. hmmm, i have NEVER had troubles with Nvidia

5. Froggy

Froggy What's a Dremel?

what about in bios? still does it?

6. %JEEX

%JEEX What's a Dremel?

what do you mean?

7. Monster63385

Monster63385 What's a Dremel?

are you using the factory hsf on the gpu, if you did try using the factory hsf and see if the problem still happens. radeons are notorious for having aftermarket hsf problems because a lot of them have a little spacer around the core that gets in the way, you can remove that spacer by putting your video card in the freezer for a good couple hours then very carefully prying it up. Freezing it makes the glue on the spacer come off easier. let the card sit at least overnight to make sure all the condensation dries before you use it, or you will have a bigger problem than artifacts. cus you know everytime you take something frozen out of the freezer condensation builds up on it.

8. %JEEX

%JEEX What's a Dremel?

hmmm, i think i would skip that idea :worried:

9. bullfrog

bullfrog What's a Dremel?

Whats wrong with that pic it looks fine to me. O no wait let me put on my glasses. O i can see you got a little prob, sorry no help.

10. %JEEX

%JEEX What's a Dremel?

lol, it seems that i do have a little problem

11. mikey

mikey What's a Dremel?

my m8 had EXACTLY that problem with his ATI card and it was after updateing his ATI drivers

so i uninstalled EVERY ATI software and drivers! Catalyst, hi***woteva and ati scheduler etc etc ANYTHING ATI had to die!!!!!

then rebooted...and winxp used its drivers, then put the CD he got with the ati card in installed those drivers and it was fine again...

duno if that helps but anywayz

lata

PS: MAKE SURE U DO UNINSTALL THE DRIVERS!!

12. %JEEX

%JEEX What's a Dremel?

I tried it, but XP does not support the video card for some reason. The computer would work, but the GFX would be s***

13. star882

star882 What's a Dremel?

Download the Knoppix image (using another computer), make a CD, and try booting Linux from the CD.
    Then see if there are graphic problems (no problems = driver bug, problems = hardware/BIOS (or a bug in the Linux driver)).

14. Tim S

Tim S OG

It could be bad video memory, have you tried another card?

15. %JEEX

%JEEX What's a Dremel?

Yes, i have tried another video card.

I cannot put linux on this system, because of my important documents etc that can not be backed up because the files are insainly large :eeek:

16. star882

star882 What's a Dremel?

Knoppix won't disturb your Windows installation (it runs completely off the CD).
    If you are still afraid, it's possible to run Knoppix with the hard drive unplugged so it can't be disturbed.

Tags: