1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Really now, how are your eyes?

Discussion in 'General' started by Yo-DUH_87, 3 Apr 2003.

1. Yo-DUH_87

Yo-DUH_87 Who you calling tiny?

Did not see a thread about this, other than that flash trick, so I thought I'd start one. Mods, move/merge/delete as necessary.

Since I started the thread, I'll go first :p

Years ago, I was given low prescription glasses, to correct my far-sightedness (I was able to see far away, not able to see 2 ft in front of my face). They gave me bi-focals with clear glass on the top, and the prescription at the bottom.

A while later, I got new lenses (supposedly same thing), as the old ones were a bit "worse for the wear." I kept complaining about the glasses being different, but since they were said to be the same thing, I thought it was just "all in my head." I also noticed my distance vision starting to get gradually worse, but the doctor said that since I had "excellent distance vision," not to worry, I might be averaging out (I *used* to have awesome distance vision)

Now, yet a couple more years later, I go in to have my vision checked, and my vision has flopped!

I am now nearsighted (although I still have problems seeing near, I don't need glasses for it). I now am getting glasses with clear glass in the bottoms, and prescription in the top.

And, as it turns out, I was right! The idiots at the glasses place gave me nearly double the prescription I needed, last time I got lenses! The *new* eye doctor thinks that might have contributed to the entire thing.

Now, I have to wait around a week for my glasses, grr. I can't see more than around 5 ft. in front of me clearly (slightly blurred), and anything closer than around 2 ft. is hard to focus on...

:waah: :waah: :waah: :waah: :waah:

I just want to be able and see!! Am I asking too much :sigh:

How is your eyesight?

Last edited: 3 Apr 2003
  2. JADS

JADS Et arma et verba vulnerant

Pretty good. I am using 1600x1200 resolution currently with no problems. Everything in my vision is in sharp focus and in the right colour.

3. :: Phat ::

:: Phat :: Oooh shakalaka!

My eyesite is absolutely fantasticano. ;)

4. KiwiCobra

KiwiCobra What's a Dremel?

I'm starting to lose my eyesight abit, mostly due to prolonged computer use without breaks....

5. VadimtheConqueror

VadimtheConqueror I love the little tacos...

i'm near sighted. can see fine aslong as it's no more than 5-6 feet away, then it get's blurry. i have glasses, didnt realize just how bad my far vision was until i got them. i wasnt able to read the board properly in class before i got them, but i thought everything else was basicly fine, now it feels funny to not have them.

6. M_D_K

M_D_K Modder

Im nearly blind and am using a stupidly high res which is impossible to see but gives me lots of space 1280*960.

I am
    Short sighted
    Photophobic
    Coloured blind
    i got an astigmatism in both eyes
    and much more :(
    name for my conidition is Condisfuction or condistraphy im fully registered blind with my council

7. quack

quack Minimodder

Short-sighted, without my glasses I'd have to sit about 3 inches away from the monitor.

8. JADS

JADS Et arma et verba vulnerant

My eyesight is good enough to notice that Really should be spelt with two ls, ;)

9. Bogomip

Bogomip ... Yo Momma

i tihnk i MAY need glasses, but im putting the fuzzyness down to lack of sleep at the moment :p im hoping i dont, thatll be another reason i cant join the air force :(

10. M_D_K's mum

M_D_K's mum What's a Dremel?

Used to have perfect vision, but now that I am 21++++ need glasses for reading. :sigh:

11. pheonix

pheonix Toot Toot!

Re: Realy now, how are your eyes?

Isn't that a case of we will see you in court

I do worry about my eyes. I was short sighted, however what worries me is that if I take my glasses off everything goes strange closeup, it juet seems different, not as clear or something? I can't quite define it

12. banished

banished Necromodder

Bad.

I have something called Keratoconus, where the cornea has slowly changed into a cone shape. Most likely I will have to have a cornea transplant in the future. Right now, I have a pair of glasses that cost like $400 they're the super-light-weight/thin glasses and they still look like coke bottles, and the fun part is is that my vision is not corrected enough for me to pass a driving test. So, I actually haven't driven in like 6 years.

13. Liquid K9

Liquid K9 Human programmer.. heh

20-20 perfect vision myself, had them tested a couple months ago at spec-savers. Though my eyes take a while to focus sometimes (IE. when I wake up or rub my eyes, it can take upto a minute for it to settle. dunno why).

EDIT:
    I do have problemes seeing letters on a 1600x1200 resolution sometimes though (19" monitor... dont know what the optimum res is for that size, anyone know?). For example, the letters for the icons on your desktop are hard to read/focus on a 1600x1200 resolution.

14. djengiz

djengiz Pointless.

Sue the idiots that made a mistake! Make mucho money on them

15. Liquid K9

Liquid K9 Human programmer.. heh

you know, the member with the *really* bad eyesight may not see this thread...

(sorry, I couldnt resist)

16. Lorquis

Lorquis lorquisSpamCount++;

I'm long sighted.
    I can't bare to be in direct sunlight or I start weeping like a little girl... thus I usually wear sunglasses or walk looking down (not fun)
    I had/have a lazy eye which goes to the inside... and tilts.... rather amusing for myself (and yes it's corrected when my other eye focuses so i aint looking over your shoulder)
    and my eye seems to really like being swollen all the time...

(optical res for 19" = 1280x1024)

17. Bogomip

Bogomip ... Yo Momma

its all that chilly pepper :D:D:D:D

but really, i cry when walking into strongish winds and when i yawn! :) so your not alone :)

18. Bit-widow

Bit-widow What's a Dremel?

I have had bad eyesight sinse childhood. Used to stay home from school with migraines, and i literally couldn't move because of the pain i was in. Took me for all sorts of tests, brain scans the lot then one day the school eye test found out i was practically blind:rolleyes:
    Anyway no idea what my vision started out like when i was little but i have a lazy right eye (ie don't work as hard as the other one) so they used to make me wear patches to school over my good eye to amke the lazy one work. That didn;t realy work and i endured a nasty few years of bullying cos of it :(
    Now i even know my prescription, I am a +5 in my good eye (the left) and a + 6.5 in the right. WHich for any of you who know about these things is an extremely high prescription, so uch so that I can't have lazer surgery yet cos it is too high! Seems strange to me though cos when i take my contact lenses out i can see pretty much normally, but when short sighted peeps do they can't see a thing, Haz is short sighted and can't see a thing when he takes his glasses off.
    Oh yeah I also have astigmatism in both eyes :p (tis where your eyes are rugby ball shaped rather than circular)

19. Bogomip

Bogomip ... Yo Momma

not to say anything against your almost blindness! but couldnt you tell you were blind?? ;)

20. Bit-widow

Bit-widow What's a Dremel?

if You're asking me no i couldn't cos as i said when i take lenses out everything looks the same, and if you don't know what is normal sight you don't know that there is anything wrong, especially at the age of 6!