1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Motors Did I just get a free DVLA bike license?

Discussion in 'General' started by Pookie, 30 Nov 2016.

1. Pookie

Pookie Illegitimi non carborundum

Ok, confession time. I passed my car test back in 1997, back then it was a paper only license. Here is the naughty bit, since then despite moving house numerous times and even working as a delivery driver I have never updated my driving license details or got a new photo card. In fact I have never been asked ever by anyone to see it!

However fast forward almost 20 years and my boss asks to see it, I lost the license back in the early 2000s! so if I wanted to drive the company Range Rover I had to show my license. I did the deed and finally jumped through all the hoops and my shiney new license has arrived from the DVLA.

However there is a category A bike license on there, I never did a bike test so I don't think I'm entitited to one lol. So am I clear to jump on a Honda fire blade this weekend? :hehe:

2. The_Crapman

The_Crapman World's worst stuntman. Lover of bit-tech

Yes.

Shotgun on the kidneys.

3. Pookie

Pookie Illegitimi non carborundum

4. Weekly_Estimate

Weekly_Estimate Random bird noises.

I thought this when receiving my licence, but after much investigation i found it to be negative :) sorry chum!

Think its something to do with 3 wheels and carts and if you did indeed pass your bike test you'd have something else written in its place.

Also insurance companys generally ask to see your licence so if you did run out and buy a big 1000cc beast, the insurance companys would do a quick check and "ask to speak to you before proceeding with the policy.

Last edited: 30 Nov 2016
  5. 13eightyfour

13eightyfour Formerly Titanium Angel

I could be wrong but doesn't it mean you can ride a trike? I'm assuming here that the (3) implies trike anyway

6. Kernel

Kernel Likes cheese

Biker here, 79(3) for tricycle entitlement.
    If it had no code, other then the 1 for your glasses, it would be a full bike entitlement

edit: Get on it lad

7. wolfticket

wolfticket Downwind from the bloodhounds

Last edited: 30 Nov 2016
  8. Strudul

Strudul ~

I only have AM and B :(