1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Problem: Two phones not enough money... please help me!!!

Discussion in 'General' started by Lorquis, 10 Jan 2004.

1. Lorquis

Lorquis lorquisSpamCount++;

Right... a while back I ordered the MPx200 on orange's site, but it wouldn't go through cause of the £5 deposit not being able to be taken from my account... so i wait a while nothing...

So yesterday I go buy the MPx in person from The Link, where they also sell me insurance for £89/3yrs (and i'm not even sure their insurance is as good as OCare)

Get home... hard reset it, install my apps and stuff... then get an email from orange --

So now I will be stuffed with 2 'phones....

My question is, should I send the Orange one back as soon as i get it...

Or, take the Link one back... but do another hard reset and install the standard stuff to the phone again (like MMS stuff) and transplant things like the SD card etc into the link box so it's all new etc..

Do help because I'm only a student and CERTAINLY cannot afford two contracts... never mind Link's evil insurance...

2. NuTech

NuTech Minimodder

Well, you have 14 days to return either. All you would need to pay is any outstanding call charges.

I would suggest bringing the Link one back. I love pissing those guys off, they're a bunch of ignorant gimps who do not understand sales law and customer rights.

3. batsman

batsman the quiet one

i'd take the link one back, and get rid of their insurance

odds are you wont have the phone 3 years, and i expect it will have million & 1 get out clauses, where the ocare is spot on.

i've got it and can happily drop my phone and get a new one tomorrow, no questions asked

4. GiGo

GiGo was once a nerd.....

Go back the link and kick up a fuss about nothing and tell them the phone is a load of **** and that is doesn't do anyhting you want it to :lol:

The link suck end of story really (anything connected to the Dixons grp steer clear of, that includes Curry's and PCWorld).

Really annoy them at the link they might kick up a fuss but tell them you don't care and get all your hard earned money back. :D

5. Grump

Grump The Mad Modder

Yeah, you really should take these guy's advice and not take any responsibility for the problem you're in. It doesn't matter that you might have been too impatient to read that The Orange would try to reprocess your order one or more times. You just had to have the phone. It doesn't matter that you didn't research the insurance you bought and didn't bother to say no thank you.

Maybe you should consider just telling the company you return the phone to that you made a mistake and you're sorry for the trouble you caused them. I have a feeling you'll get the same refund and prob'ly a little more respect.

Grump

6. sinizterguy

sinizterguy Dark & Sinizter

Just take the Link one back and ask for a refund, tell them you made a mistake.

Whats the point of kicking up a fuss and causing problems for the sales dude there ? What has he/she ever done to you.

Agreed, I dont like the Dixons group very much either ... but that doesnt mean you go mess around sales people trying to do their job (unless they messed you around - some of them are absolute morons). Don't be childish.

7. GiGo

GiGo was once a nerd.....

sinizterguy your right, i'm sorry I just don't like the guys at the link in my local town, they mucked me around a bit :p nevermind