1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Graphics Just bought GTX570 for 248$, your thoughts?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Spectrator, 8 May 2012.

1. Spectrator

Spectrator What's a Dremel?

Hi guys,

as everyone else I was waiting for nVidia to play its cards, but as it seems, it won`t happen any time soon (GTX670 is still beyond what I am looking for). I wanted to buy within next 2 weeks maximum and my price limit was 250$. Until now it seemed like GTX560Ti will do it for me, as HD7850 is still way more expensive here in Japan.
    Today I saw this 248$ deal for Zotac`s GTX570 (ZT-50203-10M) from respectable shop and without further hesitation clicked on the order button. What do you think? =)

I don`t know anything about that cooler, if it is any good performance/noise wise. Probably not as refined as Frozr from MSI, right?

Cheers!

2. Parge

Parge the worst Super Moderator

Zotac should be ok. Its not the stock cooler so one would assume its ok. Should blast through pretty much anything at 1080p.

3. Spectrator

Spectrator What's a Dremel?

Well, having it home and testing, the cooler is not ok:( It is much noisier than I would like it to be even idling on its lowest speed. Under load it is simply loud. Worse, the sound is not just classical "woosh" of air penetrating fins, but also some clicking and rattling coming not only from the cooler, but also from the card itself under load. That being said, temperatures are also not anything remarcable. 80 C under load is acceptable now, but when summer comes, temperature in this room can go up well over 35 C (kind of different from what you are used to in Britain, right? =) so that might proof seriously problematic.

Already starting to look at something like AC Accelero Twin Turbo II, which is acceptable for me from the price point of view and hopefully should make a difference both audible and in temperatures.

Do you guys have any suggestions? The Accelero seems to utilize lots of small heatsinks for memory modules and vrm`s, which have to be firmly affixed and I don`t like this prospect at all. Perhaps it would be possible to keep the original cooling plate in place... well, need to check it out.

Performance wise I am 100% happy with the card.

4. Tigernos

Tigernos Resident Roman Soldier

I would have gone for the bigger 560ti. The 1.2GB version is basically a 570 slightly stripped down. They outperform 570s with a small overclock.

As for the noise and rattling that doesn't seem right, you shouldn't have to buy new parts to make it quieter. Air rushing sounds is a given but if it's rattling I suggest sending it back and getting a replacement.

5. modd1uk

modd1uk Multimodder

Thats what 560ti owners say, overclock a 570 and then it outperforms the oc 560ti. Yes the 560 ti is a good card, but dont think its performance is better than a 570 because it isn't.

/rant over.

6. Sheiken

Sheiken Wat?

I recently traded my 560 for a 570 plus a little bit of cash, and I am very pleasantly surprised about the performance increase! And my 560 even ran more than 1ghz on the core.

7. Tigernos

Tigernos Resident Roman Soldier

I'm not a 560ti owner. (it arrives tomorrow :p) however don't go getting your pants in a bunch over what I've said because they aren't my words

Tags: