1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hardware Custom PC & Bit-tech Award Winners Announced

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Lizard, 18 Nov 2010.

1. Lizard

Lizard @ Scan R&D

2. Parge

Parge the worst Super Moderator

Couple of surprises here, Sapphire for best GPU manufacturer and Gigabyte NOT winning best Mobo manufacturer.

3. Ph4ZeD

Ph4ZeD What's a Dremel?

Always wondered what happened to Scan's Dream PC :)

4. The Toy

The Toy The Ticking Time-Bomb

Um... Activision? What the cock happened there? And yeah, really expected Gigabyte to take the MoBo award. Still, nice update and cheers for filming it!

5. murraynt

murraynt Modder

I thought gigabyte would get the Motherboard award, Also thought the Fractal would get the award instead or the Utguard.
    I like the video, added a little something.

6. frontline

frontline Punish Your Machine

Congrats to Sapphire - well deserved, wish i had waited for their Vapor-X version of the 5870 instead of the standard cooler. Sexy vapour chamber cooling 2 years before their rivals.

7. Otacon

Otacon What's a Dremel?

What about an award for best niche retailer next year? (A bit like how thinkbroadband have a niche ISP award)

The way the UK computer market is right now its going to be very difficult for someone outside of scan, dabs, ocuk or ebuyer to win the retailer award.

I'm sure we all have smaller shops / sites that we go to every now and then for some of our parts that we would like to see recognised for the work they do for the pc / modding community.

8. PingCrosby

PingCrosby What's a Dremel?

Its a shame Ron “Roncoâ€￾ Popeil didn't do something for the PC.....sigh.

9. Lizard

Lizard @ Scan R&D

We're always up for creating new awards.

However, I can see a big problem with your suggestion in that it will be hard to decide/police which retailers would fit into each category.

Still, it's an interesting idea...

10. CardJoe

CardJoe Freelance Journalist

How about an award for the most handsome games editor?

11. Lizard

Lizard @ Scan R&D

Surely that depends on who I decide to hire in the next few months?

12. Fizzban

Fizzban Man of Many Typos

Pretty much everything I voted for won, sweet! (Asus, Sapphire, Scan, Corsair) How the F*** did Activision weedle its way in there though? Bliz/activ haven't contributed anything worth sneezing on in years...

Don't tell me Starcraft 2 actually won them that? (cant be COD2, that was below terrible) LOL Geez you could add a lick of paint to any decade old game in which case. Where my new Baldurs Gate and Final Fantasy 7 in which case??

Last edited: 18 Nov 2010
  13. Phil Rhodes

Phil Rhodes Hypernobber

Well, I just bought an Asus motherboard plus Corsair memory and PSU.

On the other hand, I bought them from Scan, which turned out to be a fairly significant mistake.

Still, you can't get 'em all right, can you? Especially when one of 'em people is one of your major advertising clients!

14. bagman

bagman Minimodder

thermal take won something? what did they do to win? who voted for them?

but i do agree with a lot of the other awards

Last edited: 18 Nov 2010
  15. maximus09

maximus09 Forever n00b

seemed like an exciting event guys, bet you wish you could do this every month!

Congrats to all the winners, in the customers eyes you we all great and thats what really counts! I guess activision pleased a lot of people to get the award, its numbers that count after all ;) Lets hope that everyone keeps innovating and producing amazing products to keep the industry alive and kicking and giving us awesome components!

16. Lockon Stratos

Lockon Stratos I Will Snipe You!

Personally - i have been unfortunate enough to deal with SCANs RMA service and i have to say they are TERRIBLE and im not the only one who has had a bad experience with them. I know about 2-3 other people who have had a lot of problems with them when it comes to RMA so i dont see how they won an award here. THEY STILL OWE ME £23 from sending a mobo+dead graphics card up for RMA. Ive emailed it in, Ive sent them a photo copy of the reciept for P&P for RMA - ive even sent it by recorded delivery - but yet its really funny how even though Ive tracked the letter right to their door step an they have accepted it & i have sent copies of the reciept to about 3 of their email adresses given by their members of staff not one of them ass monkies has seen my emails or letters! they were so bad I had to call them up to remind them to send my replacement parts out. I even had to go as far as quoting the Consumer RIghts Act. so say what you want - im still £23 out of pocket - they ignore my emails and letters asking for a refund for the P&P for RMA and ontop of that I have 2 or 3 others who have had the same issues getting RMA's. so speak for yourself. I will NEVER do business with SCAN ever again.

17. Ljs

Ljs Modder

Me?!

Honestly though, where the hell was my invite?

18. Bazz

Bazz Multimodder

Still can't see why Scan keep winning these awards, I know better retailers, and there are a lot of people that have had problems with Scan, but these things are hushed up (as mine was).

Grats to all the others

19. mecblade

mecblade 14 year old Technophile

I expected ASUS to win the award. They have done several amazing boards this year and really deserve the award.

While the UD9 and the UD3-R were truly amazing boards, ASUS's P6X58D-E, Rampage Extreme III, Sabertooth X58 ect are really outstanding in terms of quality and features.

Good job ASUS!

P.S Good to see Corsair win Memory manufacturer of the year. But they need to come up with more things! We need to see some more memory products from them as I haven't seen any new innovations from them this year.

20. M7ck

M7ck Ⓜod Ⓜaster

Without the Dream PC award this year is a bit meh!

Tags: Add Tags