1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Peripherals New Mouse / Bad Logitech Experience

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by GeorgeK, 22 May 2017.

1. GeorgeK

GeorgeK Swinging the banhammer Super Moderator

So as per my other thread, my G700s has started double clicking and I'm not getting anywhere with Logitech despite their famed customer service (basically as it's just out of warranty they've told me they won't fix it and have offered me a 20% off discount code for their store - the same store which charges roughly 20% more than any other online store for the same product :wallbash:)

Anyway - as such it looks like I'm going to have to pony up for a new mouse :miffed:

I was thinking about the MX Master but at £70-90 it's very much on the pricey side. I'd probably bite however if they offered it for 50% off (so ~£45). If not then I'm looking for suggestions. I do like the freedom of wireless but I'm not 100% set on it. I do like the option of some programmable buttons / profiles and I do like the free spinning mouse wheel but I have a feeling that it's only logitech that do that...

Thanks in advance

GK

2. Margo Baggins

Margo Baggins I'm good at Soldering Super Moderator

3. jinq-sea

jinq-sea 'write that down in your copy book' Super Moderator

Yay! Mend-it Margo strikes again.

4. Zoon

Zoon Hunting Wabbits since the 80s

I've gotten very good results from Amazon Warehouse. I had a Logitech Performance MX for £35 on Warehouse "open box" when they were still £69.99 new. It was so-say used, but aside from the box being a bit tatty it looked like new.

Here's your MX Master mouse on warehouse deals:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/offer-listing/B00ULNAOMA/ref=sr_1_1_olp?ie=UTF8&qid=1495479611&sr=8-1

While we're talking gaming mice, Logitech G602 on warehouse deals:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/offer-listing/B00ESVLW0O/ref=sr_1_9_olp?ie=UTF8&qid=1495479611&sr=8-9

5. GeorgeK

GeorgeK Swinging the banhammer Super Moderator

Thanks for the offer - I'll bear that in mind if I don't get anywhere with Logitech - I'm still waiting to hear back from them.

I'll keep an eye out on warehouse deals - I hadn't thought about that :thumb: Would they come with a Logitech warranty though? Wouldn't want it to crap out after a year and be left in the lurch... I'll look at the G602 also :)

6. Vault-Tec

Vault-Tec Green Plastic Watering Can

Amazon warehouse is very hit and miss. Sometimes you get a new untouched product with a dirty box (like my Wii) and sometimes you get the very product that some one wrote a bad review of lol. I remember once reading a review about an electric planer and the guy saying it was twisted at the plate so planed off. Mine arrived full of wood shavings with a twisted plate. Dangerous too, as if the blade hits the plate BOOM.

I also had a belt sander that blew up the first time I ever pulled the trigger.

It's also gotten a bit expensive lately. Like 90-95% retail. I sometimes poke through the warehouse looking for deals and think "ooo, that looks cheap !" before looking up the actual item in the regular Amazon store and seeing it for £4 more. It used to be hella cheap but yeah, they've wised up sadly.

7. modd1uk

modd1uk Multimodder

This. This right here is why BT is the best tech forum. I've a G700s atm, I think its my second or third? Luckily no issues with it...so far, but when it does play up I may be in touch Margo :D <3