1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Watercooling Need advice on watercooling my PC

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by streetuk, 4 Jul 2012.

1. streetuk

streetuk What's a Dremel?

I've asked a few times over the last year for advice on what to get to water cool my PC. Next time I get paid I'm going to do it. So following the suggestions from the latest issue of Custom PC I've decided to prepare a shopping list of parts.
    I've got this so far - http://www.aquatuning.co.uk/product...ayStorm-CPU-Intel-775-1oe-1156-1155-2011.html

and this - http://www.aquatuning.co.uk/product_info.php/info/p11134_XSPC-Razor-GTX580.html I have the 580, obviously, but this looks like the previous model of what Custom PC say is the best for the 680.

It doesn't look like there's much else suggested in the article so I'm coming on here for suggestions on the other parts I need. I want to water-cool my GPU and my CPU. Cost isn't really an issue as I want the best.

Looking at either a Corsair 800D or the Silverstone TJ07B-W

Thanks

2. TobletDanillio

TobletDanillio Minimodder

I was thinking of getting that CPU block its been reviewed very good on many websites
    I have a quick list of parts for my rig that I will start buying from need month too.

here the thread I did some time back with the list linky

edit:
    heres a review of the CPU block linky and they have some good stuff on there

Last edited: 4 Jul 2012
  3. streetuk

4. brave758

brave758 Minimodder

Go for 7/16 I/D tube. Dip it in hot water and you'll have a interference fit over the 1/2" barbs.

Rest looks good mate

5. Bloody_Pete

Bloody_Pete Technophile

I personally never trust the heated tube over a larger barb jobby, always go for compressions just for peace of mind.

I assume you've flicked through my thread? :)

6. streetuk

Ahhh. Well I've learnt something new after googling interference fit lol So does that mean I wouldn't need the hose clamps at all? (I know they're not really necessary anyway but I just read they're a good idea for beginners)

Thanks

7. streetuk

I did :)

Is this a valid point though?

http://www.clunk.org.uk/forums/water-cooling/33772-water-cooling-guide-beginners.html#post97421

8. Bloody_Pete

Bloody_Pete Technophile

The former, not so much, if you've screwed it on tightly (firmly) then they're not coming off. If you use the wrong tubing this can happen of course. The latter is the case (Heatkiller blocks are bad for it) but most are designed for it. I always use angled connectors, as it makes tubing much much easier, so its not as much of an issue...

9. brave758

brave758 Minimodder

I still use them, its belt and braces, you'll just find that size of tube easyer to route too the 1/2" ID stuff is much larger esp if your gona be routing it all around the case. Got pics in my profile.

Also once its on there it ain't comming off on strip downs i always have to cut the tubing off, thats the down side.... sore fingers lol

10. streetuk

Pay day has arrived. Will someone just give me links on which tubes and fittings I should buy. Really not good on buying stuff without an opinion.

EDIT: Nevermind, just going to go with what you went with, Bloody Pete.