1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Motherboards ITX Mobo Choices

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Arboreal, 11 Sep 2014.

1. Arboreal

Arboreal Keeper of the Electric Currants

I was hoping to use older tech in my new ITX build - I have had an ASH [All Second Hand] policy for my last couple of builds and wanted to do the dame this time.

I had in mind the lovely Asus P8Z77i or Asrock Z77E ITX with an i5 2500K or 3570K, but the boards have been very scarce used the last couple of months.

But with a new Z77E ITX costing £85 plus, there seems little saving over a new Z87 ITX board other than the cost of a Haswell i5.
    Looking on from there, the latest Z97 ITX boards are only a few £ more...

Our own BT has previewed the Z97 ITX boards a few months back but have only done a review on the GAZ97N Gaming 5 so far. If you don't need/want M2 or SATA Express, it looks a good bet.

It would be nice to have a BT review by now for all those boards previewed in May :sigh:

The Z97I Gaming AC looks to be a refinement of the well received Z87I Gaming AC.

The Asus Z97I Plus seems to be a conservative board leaving all the toys for the Maximus Impact VII (again building on the ground breaking Impact VI)

The Asrock Z97E ITX AC is another appealing choice, looking better specced than its Z87 predecessor.

I am leaning towards the GAZ97N Gaming 5 or Z77- Gaming AC at the moment, but that fussed about the red/black thing for a white case...

Has anyone used any of these? Any thought / comments / recommendations please??

2. Arboreal

Nobody got a good word to say about any of the lovely Z97 ITX boards out there???? :worried:
    My test board is sold and I am looking to buy soon.

3. Arboreal

The search it over :clap:
    I picked up a used Maximus Impact VI today - top ITX kit, no question.
    Was annoyed at missing a Z87I Pro on the 'bay yesterday at £75, which went pretty fast.
    So, no worries over which Z97 ITX or finding a Z77 ITX used either.