1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Software Free breast enlargement software

Discussion in 'Photography, Art & Design' started by Comrade Woody, 25 Jan 2016.

1. Comrade Woody

Comrade Woody Obsolete

I have an image I'd like to enlarge for printing but I'm not sure what's best for the job.

I've found SmillaEnlarger does a good job but I'm not sure if it's the best and I wondered if anyone here had recommendations that might save me some trial and error.

Last edited: 27 Jan 2016
  2. Atomic

Atomic Gerwaff

Whatever software you use you are loose image quality.

Personally I wouldn't enlarge it and print it at the size you have already. If you absolutely must, let the printers do it or at least speak with them as they will know the best algorithm for their specific printers.

3. faugusztin

faugusztin I *am* the guy with two left hands

All i can hear is :

As Atomic said, if you got a 1024x768 picture, to make it bigger you only got 2 options :
    1) you can make pixels bigger
    2) count averages between the original pixels. But that does not "enhance" picture in any way.

4. Comrade Woody

Comrade Woody Obsolete

I don't want it printed small, I specifically want a large print, but the image I have is 1115x1587 and 96dpi so I need to enlarge it.

I understand that quality is lost when images are enlarged but I'm also aware that different software can yield very different results depending on the algorithms used which is why I posted here for advice, hoping someone would be able to recommend something good for the job.

Like I say I did get a good result with Smilla that would be suitable for printing I just thought I'd ask here in case someone knew of something better. I'd prefer to do it myself so that I can see the result before handing over any cash rather than put my trust in some online company to do it. If they did a bad job they could too easily blame it on the source image.

Oh and I never said I wanted to "enhance" anything faugusztin, but thanks anyway for the clip :p

5. faugusztin

faugusztin I *am* the guy with two left hands

And as we said, there is no way to make a high DPI version of low DPI image. To double the image size, you can either duplicate every pixel (which just makes pixels bigger) or calculate averages between neigboring pixels. That makes the switch from one pixel to the next one gradual, but can bring artifacts into the image when there are sharp color differences; it will make the edges of objects "fuzzy".

That is pretty much your only two choices, both bad. Your best option is to find a high DPI version of the picture you want to print.

6. Silver51

Silver51 I cast flare!

Download GIMP if you don't have Photoshop.
    Change the DPI from 96 to 240 then rescale size based on inches.
    Sharpen to taste.

It'll need to fall into the common sizes for photographs if you're having it framed; So 5x7, 8x10, 16x20 etc.

If you're having problems, send me a PM with a link to the image and a size in inches.

7. wolfticket

wolfticket Downwind from the bloodhounds

Basically what you're looking for is the best interpolation algorithm. Lancsoz is typical and found in resize options in most image editors, often as default (I use XnView for simple operations like this). It typically give better results than simpler algorithms and should be far better than simply enlarging the pixels.

There are other algorithms that supposedly can yeld better results in some images, fractal interpolation and s-spline interpolation for example, but I've never tried them myself.

The key is that your mileage may vary depending on the image and the type of result you're after. It's best to try various methods on the same image and find which gives you the most pleasing result.

Last edited: 26 Jan 2016
  8. GeorgeStorm

GeorgeStorm Aggressive PC Builder

Yeah you'll want to try different interpolation methods as they tend to give slightly different 'looks'.

Lancsoz is widely used and regarded as one of the better ones.

9. veato

veato I should be working

I've tried and tried but every single time I read the title of this thread my brain says "breast enlargement"

10. Comrade Woody

Comrade Woody Obsolete

Thanks for the responses guys, I'm going to experiment with some different software and see how I get on :thumb:

You're imagining things...

11. spolsh

spolsh Multimodder

tit's catching !!! ;)

12. David

David μoʍ ɼouმ qᴉq λon ƨbԍuq ϝʁλᴉuმ ϝo ʁԍɑq ϝμᴉƨ

A breast free image is barely worth noting.

13. Comrade Woody

Comrade Woody Obsolete

Haha, that is very true. Fixed just for you Dave.

Thread derailed.

14. dynamis_dk

dynamis_dk Grr... Grumpy!!

My dad has Onone Perfect Resize which he uses for the odd large print. If you wanted to upload or email me your image I'd be happy to give it a go so you can see what the output is like

Comrade Woody likes this.
  15. Comrade Woody

Comrade Woody Obsolete

Thanks for that, I've sent you a PM :thumb:

16. Mr_Mistoffelees

Mr_Mistoffelees The Bit-Tech Cat. New Improved Version.