1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Case Mod - In Progress Finished! SUPER PICTURE HEAVY! "Project Three Leaves" - Tristellar - eucalyptus

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by eucalyptus, 21 Oct 2015.

1. eucalyptus

eucalyptus I am 19 and Swedish!

Welcome and greetings to "Project Three Leaves".

My name is Sebastian, 18 years old from Sweden, and I will take you to a new level of case modding!

Before you even think about to continue reading, please be aware and please excuse me for spelling mistakes and maybe other sentence pronunciation, my english skills isn't good as my modding skills :lol: Keep this in mind before you judge me, or getting angry because some guy can't spell good as you can.

********************************************************************************************************
    Sponsor part:

I tried to get in contact with some companies, but everyone ditched me, looked another way and didn't see the potential.

But one guy did, one company!

Mads from www.coolerkit.se in Denmark understood me. He imagined my vision about one of the greatest builds ever, - and for that I am very grateful, very happy!

Coolerkit gave me 20% discount on the EK radiators, EK vardar Fans, EK evo block, white sleeving and some other little things. Also 20% off for the EK 140 x-res D5 pump from EK, but my ideas crashed so had to get rid of it.

Everything is paid out of my own wallet
    ********************************************************************************************************
    [​IMG]

Continue, shall we?

Since this all takes very much time, updating, taking pictures, new posts etc. Not to talk about the modding part. I will try to keep my writing short. OFC! I will answer all your questions.

But I also got my project log on sweclockers - in swedish. So I will just give you guys a lot of pictures instead. Guess you can count 1+1 about some things anyway - not necessary to describe everything.

My part list is HUGE! To much to go in to details. So here's just a quick overview.

Performance:
    Asrock X99E-ITX/ac
    i7 5820K
    EVGA 980 Ti Hydro Copper
    HyperX Fury DDR4 2666Mhz 2x8Gb
    Superflower Leadex 850Watt platinum
    2x Samsung 850 Evo 500Gb SSD
    Samsung 850 Pro 1Tb SSD
    Samsung Sm951 NVMe pci m.2 128Gb SSD

Water cooling is to many parts, so here's just a quick look at the basics.
    2x EKWB 120x60mm XE radiatorer
    2x EKWB Vardar 120x25mm PWM 3000RPM fläktar
    2x ID-COOLING 120x15mm PWM 1600RPM fläktar

36x Monsoon Hardline free center green 13/10
    18x Monsoon rotary green 13/10

2x XSPC D5 Photon 170
    2x XSPC Photon 170
    2x XSPC temperature with white led display

EKWB Supremacy EVO CPU block

Also using a bunch of Barrow fittings. But tried to mainly focus and use Monsoon fittings - love that shiny green :thumb:

This is my first computer ever, first build and first desktop! Only had a gaming laptop before, which worked great.

First had a look at the S-frame and Corsair Carbide 540, but after a visit to Overclock - which I mostly spend my time these days found out 10 00000 people has these cases I had to rethink.

Always want to have something unique! First time I saw the Deepcool Tristellar was in April, didn't even thought about building a computer back then.

In June I made the decision - YEAH I should do it! ALL IN OR GO HOME!!

Tried to get one of those Tristellar´s, after a month of searching I came in contact with Deepcool themselves. So after paying twice the price I got my hands on 1 of 5 special edition hand built versions! So this beast has been on my desk since late July!

And yes, I went over budget TOTALLY! Whole project went totally crazy, never thought of putting this much money into this....

About the mods. Well, you won't see it's the same case anymore after I am done....! I will customize every single part, every single screw will be painted in white and some stuff as the GPU with green flower/leaf details.

RGB leds everywhere.

Enough talking, I will just get back to you if you have any questions :confused:

Last edited: 5 Jun 2016
  2. eucalyptus

reserved for final pics!

3. eucalyptus

This may be the pictures I put most effort to take.... lol!

Enjoy the package opening - well, I opened it sometime in July - a little bit late :p

Hope you will follow and be as excited as I am to see this flower bloom.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

4. eucalyptus

I have also modded the reservoirs lol.

Decided to go for design and fancy looking instead of performance.

Just build a simple computer with hardcore stuff as 4 way 980 Ti SLI isn't really hard...

But to make something on your own, by creating something, make a sad flower shining in the sun again is much more difficult and requires a lot of effort.

First 10 posts will just show what I have done so far, which actually is a bit. Hope you like it!

From this:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

To this:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: 21 Oct 2015
  5. eucalyptus

Had to cut some parts out of the SSD holder - water cooling takes space :D :rock:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Also trying some leds, using both 3mm leds, 5mm RGB leds and RGB led strips.
    [​IMG]

Made some, not very straight holes underneath for leds obviously :worried:
    [​IMG]

Vardar fans before painting. First bought 4 cans of Plasti dip for 100 bucks, what crap! Totally useless, could have use the money for something better. I have totally wasted around 250 USD for stuff I don't need and is now useless. GG.

Today I have Montana Gold cans, LOVE IT! Pictures underneath here are plasti dip though!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Also had to cut the moderboard thing in to half. And remove the 2x 3.5" HDD bay from the left cabin. Since I won't be using any HDD at all, and I need the space for radiators.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

6. Cheapskate

Cheapskate Insane? or just stupid?

No HD at all? What? Boot from usb or something?

7. Yukionno

Yukionno What's a Dremel?

First page Cheapskate
    I'm sure there will be a new and updated place for these to live in the case...

8. Nexxo

Nexxo * Prefab Sprout – The King of Rock 'n' Roll

Good thing you didn't call the project "Three Shells"...

[​IMG]

Just sayin'. :worried: :p

Will be interesting to see what you do with that case --it has some interesting possibilities.

Last edited: 23 Oct 2015
  9. Waynio

Waynio Relaxing

Got my interest, subbed. :)

10. Cheapskate

Cheapskate Insane? or just stupid?

^This suckered me. I never read the HW specs.:lol:

11. eucalyptus

Hello people!

It takes some serious time to upload pictures and then at least try to write something meaningful in english.

Though all different forums use different image things I have to upload them differently :wallbash:

I have come far longer than this thread is updated. I will try to hang on and catch up everything you missed guys :dremel:

Here's just a few pics of the radiators. They are connected through 20mm "pass-through fittings" drilled through the case front.

The mesh galler net will be along the bottom on each side covered by some machine washing clothe bag (lol, have no idea what's it called).

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

12. eucalyptus

I will just keep posting random stuff.

So some things may not come in order, they just come randomly.

First planned to do only push config. But after some measurements with the new fans I saw I had 15mm left. So decided to go push/pull config.

Though I only have 120 rad / component it's extremely important I can get rid of most heat/space as possible. Therefor I decided to go with the absolutely best fans and radiators you can buy!

The EK Vardar fans and EK XE radiators.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

13. eucalyptus

Chose PSU was to beginn very difficult.

Limited space gives you not much to go on.

First I had a look at the Corsair CS850W gold.

But I don't like Corsair :p

Then I had a look at Silverstone something, they had a 140mm 850W full modular gold for a good price!

But after I checked with the radiators in positions I could go up to 160mm-ish.

I totally love Super Flower PSU! Just the name is adorable :D Never going to buy anything else than Super Flower for psu.

This one is 160mm or very close +- 5mm. Sad Caseking.de only had the black one when I ordered.

Also some pics on the first version of GPU front plate. I was pleased with it, but all my friends hated it :(

And a picture of my painted Flow meter, one per loop :)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

14. eucalyptus

I bet you have never seen double stacked Photon reservoirs mounted together. Neither had I!

But someone had to be first :idea: ;)

The idea came up when I saw they had M20 plugs in each end. I know M20 = 20mm. And I also knew the "pass-through fittings" are 20mm in diameter. So I just throwed in my money and hoped for the best. And, yes, it did work!

Had to cut down 6mm on each fittings. Connected from the inside with o-ring.
    Between there is a double male 5mm fittings.

Pictures are somehow very big here, so they are hopefully if I did right - wrapped in a spoiler so if you can afford your internet to watch them - do it! Otherwise you have been warned!

**How do you make a spoiler with pictures??? I marked the text and pressed spoiler, but it won't work!

They are some crazy huge beasts! I also swapped out the ugly standard D5 mount and used the Barrow D5 mod kit - which really don't fit :/

Sleeving is Paracord - totally LOVE THIS STUFF!!!!! The green is gorgeous with the white heatshrink, incredible!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: 21 May 2016
  15. eucalyptus

More sleeving :clap:

These are the cables to the 3x 2.5" brackets in the upper cabin aside of the GPU.

One connector for each SSD :rock:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

16. eucalyptus

If you had the time to get through my first wall of text post you can see I have a huuuge amount of fittings LOL :jawdrop:

More than you actually need, I know. But this project already run crazy and I had a kinda big budget compared to many other. And this is my first build ever, I would only be mad if I didn't make it perfect from the beginning. All in or - otherwise I could just save my money for college :sigh:

So, I had 18x Monsoon 13/10 Free center Rotary fittings. Sadly Monsoon only make them in L shape.

For fun, I needed 10 pieces T shaped, I will not split the loop! I am just doing this for fun and the look/design.

Have I said I am allowed to use the machine park in School? The teachers was first sceptic, but I showed them my plans, my project, and what I believe in.

They saw I wasn't just any dumb kid coming over and wanted to use the machines for fun. So now I got free hands to do whatever I want out there, they enjoy to have me there because I am very very enthusiastic about this project!

Teacher Anders showed me the machine, he did one of the fittings. Then I took over and he walked away, when he came back I had done all the other 9 fittings by myself, they could never imagined I could do it on my own LOL, they are impressed. But most of all am I impressed by myself too, I am so happy with the result.

The Monsoon fittings are expensive, and extremely fragile to scratches. And I am so lucky no one of them has a single scrath! :dremel: :clap:

Last pictures you can see a difference between the green color, more of that can you read here:
    http://www.overclock.net/t/1574279/...fittings-you-can-never-guess-the-content/0_40

Started with some special 5mm drill. Then a regular 8mm, then 11.5mm and finally the G1/4 BSP 19 thread tap :)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

17. eucalyptus

The finished result of the GPU - EVGA 980 Ti hydro copper.

This card is beautiful! Also the black original plates look fantastic - it was a shame and very painful to paint it.

It looks 10 times better IRL, and I am very happy with the result. What do you think?

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

18. eucalyptus

One of 3 SSD's are done. Tried three times before I reached good result though :p 2 more to go though, also difficult to make the other drives to look something similar to the first on. They will be all placed next to each other, so mistakes will be spotted!

Second picture is one of the 500Gb drives, when everything went to hell, bad mood and low sugar lol :wallbash: Just hope it starts up later...

And last picture is the new connectors for all the cables. Trying to sleeve and change connectors but got struggle on the first one. Sleeved around six cables before the pins started to struggle and my pin-rejector-tool got broken. Going back to the workshop/machine park next week in school and will ask if it's possible to make new ones in the CNC or something like that. Mine was Phobya, and they sucks!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

19. Goatee

Goatee Multimodder

Loving those T fittings, very nice.

20. eucalyptus

Thanks man! I appreciate it! I also indeed they are amazing, even Gene (the owner of Monsoon) was impressed :D made my day :clap: :lol: