1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News New 2K Studio formed for BioShock 2

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by CardJoe, 30 Nov 2007.

1. CardJoe

CardJoe Freelance Journalist

2. DarkLord7854

DarkLord7854 What's a Dremel?

I think I missed the whole story bout why people don't like Ken Levine hmm

3. Zurechial

Zurechial Elitist

Same here, anyone got any information on that?

The idea of a new X-Com is intriguing...as long as it doesn't end up being dumbed-down like seemingly everything else lately.

Not too excited by the idea of BioShock 2, I'm in the camp of heretics who weren't very impressed by BioShock.

4. Jinjue

Jinjue What's a Dremel?

How about....................

Now hear me out on this CURAAAZY idea........

GETTING BIOSHOCK 1 TO BLOODY WELL WORK!

3 Months now

THREE MONTHS I AND MANY MANY OTHERS HAVE BEEN WAITING FOR A RESOLUTION TO THIS CRASHING PROBLEM.

AND WHAT HAVE THEY BEEN DOING?

EH?

STARTING A NEW DICK OFFICE>........................ARAGHGGGGHFHFGGHGH!

</end of rantorama>

Andy

5. Gunsmith

Gunsmith Maximum Win

it worked fine for me, my biggest gripe was the consolification of it

6. Zurechial

Zurechial Elitist

Definitely.

It wasn't the spiritual successor to System Shock, it was System Shock Lite™ for Joypads.

I'm cynical about it, I know, but BioShock was nothing more than an overhyped disappointment for me.
    I guess it would have been too much to ask for a game that could live up to its predecessors from the glory days of the 90's and isn't watered-down (pun not intended) for the console market.

I'm really starting to sound like an anti-console forum-troll here, but I think my bitterness is understandable when considering Deus Ex vs Invisible War, Morrowind vs Oblivion, Fallout 2 vs Fallout 3, System Shock 2 vs BioShock, etc etc..

Someone please prove me wrong. :(
    Bethesda and Eidos Montreal, I'm looking at you. I'm not hopeful, but I'm looking at you.

Last edited: 30 Nov 2007
  7. completemadness

completemadness What's a Dremel?

so im not the only one :lol:

8. impar

impar Minimodder

Greetings!

Bioshock was the most overhyped PC game of 2007.
    Had it came out now, with pretty much all the GOTY aspirants released, it wouldnt have the same impact.

As for X-COM, the last title worth playing was Terror from the Deep. New versions fail to provide the same atmosphere.

9. airchie

airchie What's a Dremel?

++

I quite liked apocalypse but I still prefer TFTD and the original UFO.
    UFO:Aftershock was quite fun too but still not as atmospheric as TFTD. :(

Still, we can live in hope.

As for Bioshock, I liked it but wasn't blown away by it.
    Maybe my hopes were too high from reading all the reviews... :/

And is this Ken guy really such an asshole to work with??? :D

10. mikeuk2004

mikeuk2004 What you Looking at Fool!

Whats up with Ken?? Bioshock was great and loved every moment of it, and I cant wait for a number 2 :)

11. VictorianBloke

VictorianBloke Man in a box

I've still not managed to play the first Bioshock yet! Curse Virgin and their incompetent staff, my "pre" order was nearly 60 days late and I've not had the time since finally receiving a copy. I did enjoy the demo as brief as it was though.

12. CardJoe

CardJoe Freelance Journalist

I'm not sure why nobody wants to work with Ken either. Its probably either his ego or, that he pushes people too hard.

13. Crunch77

Crunch77 What's a Dremel?

Also waiting to play Bioshock 1 when they fix the mouse problem.

14. impar

impar Minimodder

Greetings!
    IF they fix it.
    Managed to get to Fort Frolic before giving up on it.

15. knuck

knuck Hate your face

I also sound like a console-hater troll these days ... and maybe i am ( :D )
    I will say what's expected from me to say : add UT3 to that hist of yours ;)

16. Bladestorm

Bladestorm What's a Dremel?

I seem to recall the X-COM rumours started some 12-18 months ago, after a lawyer that worked for irrational listed an new x-com game amongst there credits in an entry on his website (and the rumour was not exactly snuffed out when it was realized that take2 the studio's publisher owned the rights to said series now)

I love Enemy Unknown, am so-so on terror from the deep (so, so very hard!) quite like apocalypse (It may have had its failings in some ways, but it did evolve a fair bit of the usability in interface etc) don't mind interceptor (but wish they'd spent a little more time on the bugs and the flight engine ..) hate enforcer.

The after series has overall been a little dissapointing, they started out with a very rushed game that tried to be ambitious in some ways, then each further game has trimmed back the ambition but improved whats actually there with afterlight being the best yet, but the second and third went with static maps and become so very, very repetitive (and the first wasn't truly random, but it was better then completely static).

Last edited: 2 Dec 2007
  17. boiled_elephant

boiled_elephant Merom Celeron 4 lyfe

My solution? Revert. Retrograde. I just shelve my love of graphics and my need to buy expensive hardware every 5 months, and play Morrowind, Deus Ex, Final Fantasy VII and Silent Hill 1. After a while, the horrible graphics don't phase you, and you realise how much better games used to be :p

18. Zurechial

Zurechial Elitist

You're preaching to the choir. :p

I'm playing through Fallout & Fallout 2 for the umpteenth time at the moment (literally, F2 is minimised on my taskbar) and I actually love the graphics of both games - The artwork is gritty, but gorgeous in its own way - I don't need graphics to be cutting-edge, I just like them to be pleasing to my eyes. :)
    Using the engine tweaks dll-mod by timeslip allows for some small improvements to the engine, but what I really want is a full-screen gaussian blur/softening filter so that the game doesn't look as pixellated in its 640x480, 256-colour glory on my 22" screen. Certainly not necessary to enjoy such exceptional games though. ;)

I play through Deus Ex, Fallout 2, Baldur's Gate 1/2/TOB, FF7, FF8 & System Shock 2 at least 4-5 times per year. Each.
    I dread the day that I finally get too bored of any one of the above to play through it again, but if it hasn't happened by now... :hehe:

19. tornadolphin

tornadolphin What's a Dremel?

20. Major

Major Guest

I'm just waiting for STALKER 2. :)

Tags: Add Tags