1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Case Mod - In Progress Project - Sleight of Hand

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by jojoharalds, 5 Mar 2017.

1. jojoharalds

jojoharalds Minimodder

Project Sleight of Hand
    Hello everyone and welcome to another Buildlog of mine,
    my name is Jojo Haraldsson and i am a 32 year old casemodder from iceland,
    (for those of you who didn´t know)
    I recently started another build for a "client" and i would like to share the progress 
    with you, since i am coming up with a few usefull ideas for the Corsair Air 540 Case.
    The reason for me calling the project "slight of hand" is simply due to the fact that things dissapear from one place and suddenly pop up somewhere else,(happens to everyone )
    Lets get started,enjoy,and don´t be shy to comment or ask questions 
    along this beatiful journey of a casemod !!!

If you would like to be the first to see all updates on my builds you can follow me on my FB page
    @JHPCmods

[​IMG]

System Specifications:
    MB: Asrock Z170 Extreme 4
    CPU:Intel 6600K O.C @5Ghz 
    RAM: G.SKill Tridenz 32GB Kit
    PSU:Thermaltake 1050 Watts
    GPU:Asus 970 Strix in SLI
    Watercooling - 
    Alphacool - VPP 755  - Eispumpe V2
    Alphacool - 240mm Radiator on top
    Alphacool - 360mm Radiator in the front
    XSPC Cpu Block
    EK - Gpu Waterblocks with black Backplate
    Fittings - Barrow - 
    Tubing  - Barrow -
    Custom Sleeved Cables by Icemodz.com 

First i started on testfitting some of the gear so we know how to work from there and construct accordingly.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. jojoharalds

jojoharalds Minimodder

No that we know on how the hardware layout is set up we can go forward to planing the cover in the bottom (since the client doesnt use any HDD´s )
    so to create a cleaner look we will create a cover that has a purpose too,
    lets go.

Two pieces where cut out from a sheet of 4mm thick acrylic,to constract a cover from the top down and of course also cover things up from the front,
    and to help the top piece to stay in place,
    we will later add some extra stability legs to the cover around the bottom. to have things nice and tidy.

the two pieces then been glued together with (since i did not have any acrylic cement or epoxy) "Superglue" :)
    it works very well,
    after the glue has dried the "Fun Part" starts SANDING.
    The two parts have tobe smoth all around so we don´t get uneven paint where the two pieces connect.

Also put in a cutout for the 360 rad in the front .

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3. jojoharalds

jojoharalds Minimodder

So now that the cover has been constructed we needed to create a connection for tubing to the other side (this would not be an issue if we would use soft tubing but since we are going with Barrow Hardtubing this will not be so easy)

So we created a small piece of acrylic with a few Passthorugh connectors from Barrow ,so we have a few possibilitys later,
    always try to have one more rather then one less.
    To make it fit nice and snugg i had to make some cutouts due to the rivets of the case getting in the way.
    keep in mind some changes will happennto this part once we go further into the build .but for now it stays like this,

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

4. jojoharalds

jojoharalds Minimodder

The same goes for the Tubing of the Cpu and gpu (they alll need to be coinnected to the back compartment of the Corsair Air 540 case.

So i had that i idea of creating that possibility with some passthroughs that allow me to coinnect the tubing to the bottom cover and from there go where they need to go.

here some testfit 

all the fittings used in this build are available over @Icemodz 
    Icemodz - Store

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

5. jojoharalds

jojoharalds Minimodder

i kinda did not want to do something that everybody does (like connecting a tubing from my gpu´s to the cpu and from there to the top rad,)
    so i thought of making use of all those ports of the alphacool radiators (Which are 6 in total)

this is what i came up with....

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]