1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hardware Cougar Immersa 300H Review

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Dogbert666, 21 Apr 2017.

1. Dogbert666

Dogbert666 *Fewer Lover of bit-tech Administrator

2. SexyHyde

SexyHyde Minimodder

I've had these for a while now, replaced a pair of steelseries, and they are an excellent upgrade. Although price wise you might expect them to be a down or side grade. Good probably need to spend around £80+ to get a better headset.

3. RostokMcSpoons

RostokMcSpoons What's a Dremel?

It's great that you review gaming headsets, but to make this a really top-notch resource you need to put more emphasis on the key feature required of the best headsets: positional accuracy in a 3D environment.

Pretty much any headset can make a decent fist of 'boom bang crash', and play some a few ditties by popular beat combos - it's whether a headset will make any effect on my K-D ratio in first person shooters which will drive my choice for a future headset.

My current ones are the good ol' Kingston Hyper Cloud II. Often considered a 'gold standard' in headsets, I'd still say some of my Sennheiser Hi-Fi headphones do a better job at providing a wide and accurate sound stage.

How do the Immersas compare? Does that lack of mid-range in media playback actually exaggerate the higher frequency sounds to improve the location of footsteps and gun-fire, or hinder it?

I think we should be told ;)

4. MLyons

MLyons 70% Dev, 30% Doge. DevDoge. Software Dev @ Corsair Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

The problem with this is I'm not sure how you can really quantify it and compare different headsets. Especially if different people review them

5. SexyHyde

SexyHyde Minimodder

This. Because ears.

Some people just can't tell the differences between good, medium and rubbish stuff. I can, but my hearing is very tolerant as long as it's with visuals. It's why I could get away with the Steelseries, plus I personally preferred it's missing bass, compared to most headsets heavy bass.

The positional effects is something i usually like, but I have friends that don't use it, reasons being sound delay or poor personal perception - it just doesn't work well for some people. How could you incorporate it into hardware reviews when it's mainly a software feature too?

6. Vault-Tec

Vault-Tec Green Plastic Watering Can

If you have any critical listening skills whatsoever you should not even be using a headset. None of them compare to their peers when it comes to headphones so if you know your onions you would avoid them any way.

I once bought a headset that could, apparently, stand up to a pair of headphones and I used it once and then gave it away. It couldn't, not by any means.

7. SexyHyde

SexyHyde Minimodder

This is not true, I can show you loads of headphones around the £40 mark that are way worse than these. I don't even use the microphone on mine, but I wanted one for the times I take them out, just in case. I've got better ear canal headphones but I don't like using them for extended periods. Plus I have my studio monitors to fall back on, when the situation permits.

8. BenB

BenB What's a Dremel?

I believe the HyperX Clouds are rebadged Takstar Pro80, which would mean they were technically headphones to begin with. They aren't professional audio, but they are great for the price.

9. Vault-Tec

Vault-Tec Green Plastic Watering Can

Yup. Also Qpad is it? or Q something used to use them. TBH that's probably the only headset I would recommend to any one.

And yeah (to the other guy) there are plenty of crap £40 headphones. However, one uses sense in that case and reads reviews etc before buying.

Tags: Add Tags