1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

BFBC2 CPC server revamped

Discussion in 'Game Server' started by wyx087, 18 Dec 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wyx087

wyx087 Homeworld 3 is happening!!

[​IMG]

Server Name: "Multiplay :: CustomPC Magazine & Bit-tech.net - Mixed Gamemode"
    recommended search term: "CustomPC" with C, PC in capital letters.

Server status tracking website:
    http://www.gametracker.com/server_info/85.236.101.22:16667/
    http://bfbcs.com/bfbc2_server/info_85.236.101.22:16667
    Top Players with ranked by most amount of time spent on the server:
    http://www.gametracker.com/server_info/85.236.101.22:16667/top_players/?sort=minutes&order=DESC

Game mode:
    -Squad Deathmatch and Conquest when there are less than 15 players.
    -Rush and Conquest when there are more than 15 players.
    Playlist is very long for both due to amount of maps all conquest, rush maps are on the play list. only Rush runs 2 rounds, all other mode runs the map for a single round.
    Avoid using tanks until more than 10 players, please.

Voice chat information:

Other Details:
    First, it will be a normal mode server, with profanity filter, and without friendly fire, all things you'd expect from normal mode such as killcam and spotting will be turned on.

Being conquest, the basic decency of not attacking enemy initial spawn base is expected, and if found doing the unthinkable, this rule will be enforced, first by killing the player as warning, then after 2 warnings, a kick will be used. :read:

Plug-ins in Use on the Server: (thanks Nealiboyee for hosting the plug-in server layer)
    • In-game Admin (admins listed below; for commands, see post #3)
    • Mixed Gamemodes v3 (allow mixing sqdm, rush and conquest)
    • True Balancer (changes last joining player to the team with less players)
    • Scramble Teams (scrambles teams on map change)
    • Procon Rulz (for all sort of actions: enforce sniper rifle limits, humiliation kills)

If you encounter issues:
    if there are any issues such as trouble makers or cheaters, please post in this thread, or PM me, or if one of the in-game admins is on the server, use in-game chat.

Following people been given in-game admin powers through magic of PRoCon plugin. Thanks to Nightbreed who have provided always-on PRoCon service.
    • Rogan
    • bettyblue1986 (Nealieboyee on Bit-tech forums)
    • Fluidic
    • Murraynt
    • DaftLordDeadBolt
    • .:WyX:. (myself)
    • Sarky
    • MiNiMaL_FuSS
    • Lassar1982
    • 1Marine1
    • xJitedx
    Please see post 3 for details on how to use in-game admin commands.

Regulars are welcome to put CPC as their clan-tag. so it is easier to find eachother.

Last edited: 27 Sep 2011
    Zorndar likes this.
  2. DragunovHUN

DragunovHUN Modder

Do you mean actually being inside the uncap, or just shooting into it? It would be kind of disappointing if we couldn't deal with people who just sit in the uncap and tank snipe or whatever.

Also, there's the matter of taking out AA turrets in the uncap...

3. wyx087

depends on situation really, if they are struggling and loosing badly, i would advice to back off.

server's full at the moment, join in if anyone wants some vietnam action :D

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    ----------- Edited, added In-game admin commands for reference ------------------
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In-game Admin usage

Description

Exposes some basic text based commands to players with accounts and necessary privileges
    Command Response Scopes (default)
    !

Responses will be displayed to everyone in the server. Everyone will see "Phogue has been kicked for team killing".​
    @

Responses will only be displayed to the account holder that issued the command. The command issuer will see "Phogue has been kicked for team killing" but no one else will.​
    #

Responses will be displayed to all players that hold an account ("display to admins only"). Only account holders will see "Phogue has been kicked for team killing".​
    All error messages are privately sent to the command issuer
    Settings

Banning
    Ban Type

• Frostbite - Name (default): Bans on the players name alone. This is the weakest type of ban.
    • Frostbite - EA GUID: Bans on the players EA GUID which is tied to their login account.
    • Punkbuster - GUID: Bans a player on their punkbuster GUID.
    Commands (default)

Kicking / Banning
    @kick [playername] [optional: reason]

• Kicks a player from your server
    • The reason will appear in the response and is used to display to the player on the games menu
    • Requirements: Minimum of kick privileges
    @tban [playername] [time in minutes] [optional: reason]

• Temporarily bans a player from your server for a set time in minutes
    • The reason will appear in the response and is used to display to the player on the games menu
    • By default procon will not allow users with only temporary ban privileges to ban for longer than an hour
    • Requirements: Minimum of temporary ban privileges
    @ban [playername] [optional: reason]

• Permanently bans a player from your server
    • Requirements: Permanent ban privileges
    Killing
    @kill [playername] [optional: reason]

• Kills a player
    • The reason will appear in the response and message sent to the player
    • Requirements: Minimum of kill privileges
    @nuke [optional: team]

• Kills every player in the server, or if a team is specified will kill every player on that team
    • Has a 10 seconds countdown that can be canceled with the @cancel command
    • Requirements: Minimum of kill privileges
    Communication
    @say [text]

• Says [text] for everyone to see from the Server
    • Requirements: Must hold an account with procon
    @psay [playername] [text]

• Says [text] to a specific player from the Server
    @yell [text]

BFBC2 only
    • Yells [text] for everyone to see in the middle of their screen
    @pyell [playername] [text]

BFBC2 only
    • Yells [text] to a specific player in the middle of their screen
    Map controls
    @restart [optional: timer]

• Restarts the current map
    • If specified will display a countdown timer than can be canceled with the @cancel command
    • Requirements: Must have "Use Map Functions" privileges
    @nextlevel [optional: timer]

• Forwards to the next level
    • If specified will display a countdown timer than can be canceled with the @cancel command
    • Requirements: Must have "Use Map Functions" privileges
    Player control
    @move [playername]

• Moves a player to another team. Swaps them in Rush, Conquest, Squad Rush and will cycle through the 4 teams in Squad Deathmatch
    • Queues the player and will move them when the next die
    • Requirements: Must be able to move players between teams and squads privileges
    @move [playername] [squad]

BFBC2 only
    • Moves a player into a squad on their same team
    • Requirements: Must be able to move players between teams and squads privileges
    @move [playername] [team]

• Moves a player onto another team in no squad
    @move [playername] [team] [squad]

BFBC2 only
    • Moves a player onto another team and into a specific squad
    @fmove

• fmove functions exactly like all of the @move commands except forces the move immediately by killing the player
    Countdowns
    @cancel

• Cancels all countdowns initiated by the account holder
    • You cannot cancel other account holders countdowns
    Custom Configs (basic in game command addons)
    @exec

• Displays a list of configs available in the /Configs/CInGameAdmin/*.cfg directory
    • This command replaces the "@exec -l" command of 1.6 and prior versions of the in game admin
    • Requirements: Must hold an account with procon (the configs validate privileges themselves)
    @exec [configname]

• Executes a config in the /Configs/CInGameAdmin/*.cfg directory
    • The config author is responsible for insuring the executing account holder has sufficient privileges
    • No pre-made configs are provided with procon, but you can visit the forums to download configs to extend the in game admin
    • You can make/edit/copy/whatever any more configs, essentially allowing you to make your own basic in game commands =)
    • Requirements: Must hold an account with procon (the configs validate privileges themselves)
    If procon needs confirmation of your intentions it will ask "Did you mean [command]?", you can then answer !yes which will execute your confirmed command.
    Argument Matching

Procon will match your command against a dictionary of possible arguments, then order the possibilities by those containing subsets of what you said.
    Possibilities: "Phogue", "1349", "Sunder", "Zangen", "Sinex"

• "Sangen" will match "Zangen" because only one letter is different and no possibilities have a subset of "Sangen"
    • "sin" will match "Sinex" because even though it is lexicographically closer to "1349", Sinex contains a subset of "sin"
    Additional Information

• This plugin is compatible with Basic In-Game Info's @help command
    • In game admin will use Vanilla bfbc2 data if available, then use punkbuster data if available.
    • The in game admin uses a combination of a spell checker with an auto-completer. As of 1.5 the spell checker will favour names/maps/etc that have a subset of what you typed exactly. Play around with it and let me know your horror stories with this feature on the forums =)
    • No one will see you issuing the commands (even you) if you prefix it with a '/'
      /@kick Phogue
      (this text won't be displayed in the game) ​

Last edited: 20 Feb 2011
  4. DragunovHUN

DragunovHUN Modder

I'm not sure how fair it would be to judge these incidents on a case by case basis.

"BUT YOU LET THEM DO IT TO US LAST ROUND OMG!"

5. wyx087

good point, but don't worry, im not a very strict person. will usually only take action when it is absolutely necessary. also, people that really do base rape will get reported by other players, and they usually sit at back of opponent's base, pretty clear they are doing it.

server's got spaces, 28/32, join now :D

6. Rogan

Rogan Not really a

Ah, you set it to vietnam. Might come on sometime.

7. brave758

brave758 Minimodder

Wooo Hooooo get in there

8. wyx087

it's now vietnam rush, due to popular demand on the other thread, in gaming forum.

although i've set it in ProCon iphone app, i don't think it'll stick, will have to set it on ClanForge.

i am also investigating why some players get chat muted after playing on it for a long period of time. (well, me, and server chat log is very quiet even when it's mostly UK players, so something must be wrong)

9. Hamfunk

Hamfunk I AM KROGAN!

Ignore: Couldn't find the server, found it now!

wuyanxu i've added you in BC2, seems the server is empty anyway at the moment.

Last edited: 20 Dec 2010
  10. Jipa

Jipa Avoiding the "I guess.." since 2004

But.... but.... but I don't have Vietnam :waah:

11. wyx087

will check again, didn't remember seeing any friends request last night.

im not sure if this is a good idea, but we can have Vietnam on weekdays and normal on weekends? what are your thoughts?

i don't know how inconsistancy would affect server regulars. since last night's rush was completely empty bar me burning every tree i can see, very bored.

12. deathbringer67

deathbringer67 What's a Dremel?

Server was greyed out in my favourites so couldnt join, so thought it was down, might be others thought the same, has the server named changed slightly, ill try again.

Weekdays vietnam, weekends normal sounds good to me.

13. brave758

brave758 Minimodder

Yep grey for me also, managed to get on allown logged off then was grey again.

14. wyx087

i also had small bit of problem connecting last night, had to do serval trys with first two disconnected a few seconds on spawn screen.

my guess is the newly updated R27 server was a bit dodgy. was running R26 before yesterday.

hopefully tonight will be fine. sorry about all the trouble. will start off as Conquest until enough people have joined to make Rush viable. also, i think i have fixed the chatbox problem of some player cannot post messages, it worked fine for the 3 rounds i was on.

15. roblikesbeer

roblikesbeer Bindi's sex slave.

I can't find the server at all, have tried every combination of 'Custom PC' going. Is it because I don't have Vietnam?

16. DragunovHUN

DragunovHUN Modder

Have you cleared your filters?

17. Rogan

Rogan Not really a

Yes. :(

18. roblikesbeer

roblikesbeer Bindi's sex slave.

Yup.

Ahh, well I'm in no rush to purchase Vietnam on the PC as I just got it for the Xbox version but I'll keep an eye out for the server when it's running 'normal' mode.

Also please to do a 'normal' BC2 Readers Night, kthanxbye.

19. wyx087

i am currently away from my computer, so there is no way for me to try to get the server populated. it's up to you guys to jump on the server and wait for people to join in im afraid.

please post here if you have any problem with the server, i'll look into it through the web interface offered by multiplay UK asap.

as said earlier, if you look out for the server on saturday and sunday nights, you should see it on BFBC2 base game.

20. wyx087

it's running base game Rush now. with all of the new maps such as Harvest day, Oasis. so jump in :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.