1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News EVGA doubles Step-Up programme timescale

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Gareth Halfacree, 16 Oct 2012.

1. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

2. pantalaimon

pantalaimon What's a Dremel?

So you pay the premium that EVGA hardware usually commands, the two way shipping and the difference in price for the new item on EVGA's store (which charges more than retailers).

Seems like a really poor deal to me.

3. ssj12

ssj12 Minimodder

not a poor deal at all. I upgraded a GTX470 to 480 back in the day. I couldnt afford the difference when i first bought the 470. But I saved the difference and got the 480 when I could afford it. Sure there are some added cost, but it allows you to get something weaker than you originally planned, and save for the more powerful without having to pay the entire cost of the higher performance part.

4. x5pilot

x5pilot Fragile explosion

I dont get this... Im about to buy a GTX680 this week probably from the cheaper end of the range that I can find. I've considered EVGA but whats the point in holding on to a card for 3 or now 6 months when there's no replacement for the 680 in sight (anyone know about the 780?!)
    I understand if you buy a 660 or a 670 but surely such an expensive purchase should be given more due care and foresight. My 580 has lasted me nearly 2 years and is going to return me a healthy value from ebay. Plus it doesnt lock me into buying evga as my next card.
    Fair play to evga though - some more upgrade schemes like this would be great for other products like tvs, cars and... wives!

5. GregTheRotter

GregTheRotter Minimodder

It's for a limited time only so meh.

6. GonzoRIP

GonzoRIP What's a Dremel?

hmm so this is why all my warranty returns came back looking like old used crap, one was even covered in cigarette tar.

7. theshadow2001

theshadow2001 [DELETE] means [DELETE]

Well that answers the question of what happens to all the returns