1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

LOL 1st tattoo

Discussion in 'General' started by 666painkiller, 26 Jul 2013.

1. 666painkiller

666painkiller If only....

lookin for any suggestion for 1st tattoo....would like top of arm and maybe back......please help!!!

2. Constructacon

Constructacon Constructing since 1978

Giant penis?

Seriously, tattoos are highly personal, permanent things you do to your body. Don't go to the web asking for random ideas (see above response).

3. MrDomRocks

MrDomRocks Modder

Possibly one of the worst decisions of my life, I chose something spur of the moment a few years ago and no I am going to have to pay to get it covered. Luckily it isn't huge and it is on the top of my back.

Poor work to be honest. Im now just putting off getting it covered.

Though if money wasn't an issue I would get something massive.

But this is the wrong place to ask.

Look around locally for a decent artist, look at their work and choose something that way.

4. TheGreatSatan

TheGreatSatan Member for 17 years!

Golden Arches?

5. DeafGamer2015

DeafGamer2015 Minimodder

I was thinking of getting my Family Coat of Arms on my shoulder blade location.. I just need to do a bit of research first though..

6. spolsh

spolsh Multimodder

Most important thing : Find a tattoo artist whose work you like. You're gonna have this thing forever - if that means travelling hundreds of miles for the artist/studio whose work you like - then make the journey.

Second most important thing : browse images on the web, really think about what you'd like to display on your body, decide if you're better coming up with your own design, think about it some more, talk to the artist about what you want (and listen to the artists criticisms/comments), think some more - and then get the tatt you want, being aware it's there forever.

7. TaRkA DaHl

TaRkA DaHl Modder

I would also suggest waiting, my partner has a rule of thumb by where she gets an idea she likes and waits a year to see if she still likes it.

And each tat of hers has some meaning and was done to correspond to an event in her life, none are random.

8. Archtronics

Archtronics Minimodder

If you need others to suggest what to get, don't get one !

Start looking for a style you like get loads of reference images then go discuss it with a tattooist.

9. Krikkit

Krikkit All glory to the hypnotoad! Super Moderator

Find an artist who is really good at the type of tattoo that you want - some are better at one thing than another.

Another thing is not to do it cheap - cheap is bad, almost universally. My Mrs made that mistake once and ended up with a rather scarred tat, it just ended up looking messy. She got another to cover it up, which was a large blossoming cherry tree - expensive, but the artist took several attempts at redrawing it to look right, then took a whole day to ink it on. The result is really nice, the quality is obvious.

10. Barracuda_00

Barracuda_00 What's a Dremel?

First of all, Figure out what you want to get, Some tattoos have meaning, others do them for the aestetic appeal.

Secondly, You get what you pay for, This is extremly important, if you pay 20 quid, your gonna end up with shite. If the artist has a great portfolio and you want something detailed, a guideline (atleast here in sweden) would be around 300£ per sitting, sitting being between 3-5 hours depending on artist, your pain threshhold, and lunch in between.

Speaking of lunch your gonna want some food in you, i can eat right before, and after, just because your body will want quite a bit of energy. Sugary drinks are great. But if your "normal" i´d say your gonna be quite sore at the end of those 3 hours but this is Highly individual, so dont take my word for it.

Lastly, I´ll shoot a message to the girl who does mine, She knows some studios in london if im not misstaken, She herself has been in a few magasines. Both as artist and modell :)

I´ll answer here when i have some info on the studios :thumb:

11. Burnout21

Burnout21 Mmmm biscuits

Penis Swastika, I hear it's trending right now. :)

12. Barracuda_00

Barracuda_00 What's a Dremel?

Just got the info, http://frithstreettattoo.co.uk in london is what my artist recommends =) if you have any more questions just qoute or send a pm and i´ll see what i can answer =):thumb:

13. Throbbi

Throbbi What's a Dremel?

It's really very simple: if you have to ask, you don't want one. Period.

I might sound a bit of a douche here but people randomly and haphazardly getting tattoos of random stuff for no real reason other than 'to have one' is part of what pushes a bad image on the art form.

14. SMIFFYDUDE

SMIFFYDUDE Supermodders on my D

Seeing that you're in Newcastle I suggest Alan Shearer's face.

15. Joey Propane

Joey Propane What's a Dremel?

Pretty much word for word what I was going to say. If you are seriously contemplating picking a tattoo design from a catalogue or because you've seen it on someone else and thought "that looks cool", you're doing it wrong.

16. fix-the-spade

fix-the-spade Multimodder

"I Regret Nothing"

Let's see if you appreciate the irony in twenty years.

17. erratum1

erratum1 What's a Dremel?

Tramp tags, personally I think they're ugly.

18. wolfticket

wolfticket Downwind from the bloodhounds

[​IMG]
    :)

19. mrbungle

mrbungle Undercooked chicken giver

This.

So much this.

Most Tattoos are meaningless talentless scrawls and look appalling

20. RedFlames

RedFlames ...is not a Belgian football team

^-- What he said...