1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Case Mod - In Progress HAF Pipe 480 (2015)

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by DBRichard, 27 Feb 2015.

1. DBRichard

DBRichard What's a Dremel?

I'm preparing everything to start my own company, already gave my room/office an overhauling so now it's time to do some work on my system/workstation.

Last year (2014) I installed custom watercooling in my own computer for the fist time, at that time it didn't have a name so the build log was just called "480mm radiator in a HAF X". Build log: http://forums.bit-tech.net/showthread.php?t=269823
    A short time ago I got the perfect name idea for it by a friend of mine and I called it the HAF Pipe 480.
    Now it's time for an update/upgrade and I got a few sponsors helping me.

My friend and companion in modding John thought I could use another GPU which is also the reason of this whole rebuild.

Sponsors:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

What the result was of last year http://forums.bit-tech.net/showthread.php?t=269823
    [​IMG]

My plans for this update:
    - Adding a second ASUS GTX780 DCII (Sponsored by Montymole's Modding Emporium)
    - Replacing the old Acryl tubing with some new PETG tubing (sponsored by Nanoxia/Coolforce)
    - Do some cable management and adding some brand new Aluminium cable combs (sponsored by GosuModz)
    - Adding several LED's to the EK waterblocks
    - Finishing the side panel with a custom window
    - Remove damaged sticker from Corsair SSD
    - Adding a 480mm grill to the radiator in the top
    - Bend all the new tubing to suit the new layout
    - Dust everything off and big cleaning

I also have some idea's but I'm not sure if i got the time or the money to follow through with these:
    - Adding a cover where the front I/O used to be (removed due to adding 480mm radiator)
    - Putting the front I/O somewhere else
    - Sleeving the PSU cables and getting rid of the extensions
    - Making a pump bracket for better placement of the pump itself
    - PSU cover/midplate
    - Remove HDD cage
    - Possibly even more stuff

Have to finish a few assignments before I start taking it apart but it will start in March :D
    Have to wait a bit for parts to arrive.

Last edited: 9 Mar 2015
  2. Hukkel

Hukkel James' minion

Your build already looks very nice. Good luck upgrading it!

3. montymole

montymole Rigid Tubist

looking forward to seeing this get the modding done :)

4. DBRichard

Everything is on hold a little, got some customers to keep happy so in the meantime I decided to go trough with the Midplate/PSU Cover so I made a model and am waiting to hear back from the workshop :)

First thing to do when I take it apart is to remove the HDD cage, not only will this make it more open it also helps to do the tubing since the cage was an obstruction for the tubes to the reservoir :)

The logo and name will be back lit, there is space for my SSD and one HDD, the other will be mounted in the bottom of the HAF since there is no more space

[​IMG]

5. DBRichard

It took over 2 months but the waiting game is almost over :D

In the meanwhile I received a few packages from my sponsors Nanoxia and Gosumodz.

A pile of Nanoxia CoolForce fittings including 2 pieces of the upcoming fillport.
    [​IMG]

For now I keep them neatly in this little case.
    [​IMG]

A few liters of blood red coolant
    [​IMG]

PETG tubing is ready, they also sent me a bending cord but that won't be used this time :p
    [​IMG]

Even though I said I didn't need any rigid LED strips they still send me 4 red ones so I am not sure what I will do with those.
    [​IMG]

Gosumodz sent over a few of their brand new red anodized aluminium cable combs.
    [​IMG]

Two new sponsors where added to the HAF Pipe update, thank you BitFenix and Addon Customs.

BitFenix was nice enough to sent me some cable extensions to put the cable combs on and a 230mm dan for the front.
    [​IMG]

Addon Customs asked if I needed some LED strips, he sent over 6 of their Tri Chip 5050 (3 LED's per module) LED strips of which 5 white and 1 red strip.
    He keeps the LED's nicely insulated on both ends so it can handle an accident where liquid goes over the strip (not meant to be submerged).
    They are bright as **** and I can't look at them that long.
    Two of these strips are getting stripped of the silicone so they fit underneath the GPU block
    [​IMG]

Carefully I tried to put one in between to see the result and it looks absolutely stunning.
    [​IMG]

Fe things still to get and order:
    EKWB water blocks, the second GPU block and the SLI bridge block.
    A Fan controller to dim the LED strips or shut them off.
    Some single LED's for the other blocks.
    The complete package from E22 and my mate John.

In about a week I go on vacation and when I get back it should have arrived (it should) and then it's time to cut some metal away.

6. ApheX-E

ApheX-E What's a Dremel?

Ooooooo..... So many fittings (drools). Looking forward to see how this build turns out.

7. DBRichard

It's been a long time so first a little explanation, read it if you want otherwise skip to the bold sentence below saying update with a ;) emote.

My custom PSU cover and some other parts where made thanks to a friend of mine, finally in August it was powder coated and the other things got painted, he sent over only the PSU cover and forgot about the remaining stuff, now he has disappeared and I was still hoping to get the parts but still no result.
    I could go into detail but that's just way too much.
    Then my other project got a bit more priority, some might have seen it since it was MotM nominated in September :)
    Things have been busy but I got back to this project again when I got the chance last week.

Okay on to a new update ;)
    This is how the PSU cover turned out :D it's not perfect but pretty much does the job ;)
    [​IMG]

Of course some adjustments had to be made so I drilled out the HDD cage before fitting the cover
    [​IMG]

Lit it up with the Addon Customs LED strips :D it has the old DBR logo since it was designed over half a year ago
    [​IMG]

I know that the camerawork on these shots is terrible, I had to make phone shots since the camera was not available, the next update will not take as long as this one and will show much more that I did with better photo's :)
    This build should be done this month or so now everything essential arrived.