1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Watercooling H100 : Fans turning off

Discussion in 'Tech Support' started by Jay88018, 14 Apr 2014.

1. Jay88018

Jay88018 What's a Dremel?

Hello. Just want to ask some advice on my H100. From last week when I turn my pc all the fans on the rad start spinning up, but as soon as the pc posts, only half the fans keep spinning (I have 4 fans on the rad in total, the fans that stay on are the 2 at the back). Iv looked on the cpu heatsink block, none of the segments are lit up.

Iv went around every connection and made sure they are all connected properly. plus if they weren't, would they spin up in the 1st place ? Is this a known problem ? It wouldn't bother me so much, but iv started folding again, and don't want my pc to overheat if I leave it running because I can be away from my pc for a few days at a time.

Thanks in advance for any help :clap:

2. Jay88018

Jay88018 What's a Dremel?

Just thought id post to share what I found out with anyone who is suffering the same.

Seems this problem lies with the fan controller, there is a way to try and update the firmware on the H100, but this was unsuccessful for me. Im waiting to hear back on rma'ing my motherboard, so if I have to, ill just rma the cooler as well while the pc is down. Just to be safe im running the chip in standard speed, even while folding on 7 cores my temps not going over 50, so hopefully I wont cook anything while I wait.