1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other Anyone with a 3D printer want to help me with my braces?

Discussion in 'General' started by KayinBlack, 5 Jul 2015.

1. KayinBlack

KayinBlack Unrepentant Savage

I have a serious issue-I can't wear boots with my braces. This includes snake boots, which are a necessity here in the Southeast. I can't fit regenerative AFOs in them. I have a very nice set of Merrell hiking shoes that are going to be fitted, but they aren't for hunting. Snake chaps are dangerous, especially as I have seen strikes through chaps.

But if my boots go on in pieces, then they would work. Such as a 3D printed Mark III articulated boot. Which is why I'm placing my hope in you guys, as Shapeways wants WAY too much for their prints. I'll be reinforcing them with carbon and Kevlar, so a simple decent resolution print would do-just so it holds together enough for me to slap resin on.

I would prefer PLA, but will pay for all filament used as well as whatever the printer wanted, or I can swap some high end stuff (290x, 3570k, mini-itx board to fit, EVGA 1000w power supply) but I need something to protect my legs/feet with these AFOs.

2. ferret141

ferret141 Minimodder